Anybody know who to contact for world records?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am trying to figure out who to contact for setting world records. Its for the broad jump. I need to find out the exact rules and how to contact a judge or whoever needs to observe the act.

I don't believe this is something Guiness world records covers.

Thanks.

Looks like the NFL Combine and Norway are the only places where the standing broad jump is officially an "event". Hasn't been in the Olympics since 1912.
Wiki says Byron Jones of the NFL has the unofficial world record at about 12'3".

The IOC.....International Olympic Committee? I'm sure theirs more to it than just showing up and getting someone from the IOC or NCAA to observe your broad jump world record attempt. Olympic and college sports are extremely expen$ive. Is Ripleys still around.....? LOL

Oh I should have said, this is for a youth.

I have found the International world records for all the categories, but I cannot find out who to contact.

My son was doing a relay fitness type thing at school today and did the standing long jump. My wife and a bunch of others at school observed him do it. They measured it at 58".
I thought that was pretty dang good for a 5 year old. So I started googling and found the "International World records" page and the record for 5 year olds is 56.25".

I have no knowledge of track and field events so I need to learn all that stuff as well. He has never practiced or trained at this at all. Just something they had setup at school.

The subset of only NFL potential players is rather small. If this event were also done by Olympic level sprinters, and long and high jumpers, the record would be a lot further. Back in the 1960's the standing long jump was something we were required to do as part of gym class athletic testing each year. No doubt they eventually phased it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back