Is Blue Driver the Most Advanced OBD2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I almost got it a while back, but ultimately went with a more economical solution - I paid $4.99 for the Torque Pro app, and bought a standard 'generic' ELM327 Bluetooth adapter for about $11. I've been using this combination in my Fusion now for about 6-7 months, and I've found it works really well.

I can't speak to how advanced the BlueDriver package is compared to Torque Pro, as I have not used it, but I can say that Torque Pro does a ton of stuff, has great support, and allows for a much greater range of adapters.

...and for about 1/5 of the price or less, IMHO, is all most people will need.

I like it. The price went way up. Two years ago I only paid $50 for the dongle.

I download all the codes on my phone and then print them out.

I also went with the generic ELM327 adaptor and Torque Pro on my Android phone. Its done everything I've needed and was pretty inexpensive. I was out a total of $20 or so... does more than the other code readers and scanguage ever offered. I too am using on my Fords - in my case an 2016 F150 and a 2007 Explorer.

What does the blue driver do? Does it do anything that torque pro doesn't already do for $5? Does it do anything that ForScan can't do on Fords?

The cheap bluetooth OBD2 adapters seem to be hit or miss. I bought one a few years ago, one of those larger ones from Amazon and it works on just about every car I've tried it on. My brother bought a white colored mini adapter and for whatever reason it doesn't work on Chevrolet vehicles. Otherwise, for monitoring stuff, one of those adapters and the Torque app is great. I only wish there was a setting in the app to remember your fuel mileage, whenever I so much as turn the screen off on my phone, the average mpg reading resets itself to 0

Originally Posted By: 55Test
The cheap bluetooth OBD2 adapters seem to be hit or miss.

Yup. I bought one for about $11 or $12 off of Amazon a few years ago. It worked pretty good for a couple years. Then quit. It was also limited on what data I could pull from my car. For example, it won't read transmission temperature on my Outback.

I'm going to be buying a new OBD II reader soon. But I won't waste my money on one of the cheap ones.

The BAFX is pretty popular on Amazon, about $22. As for reading manufacturer specific subsystems, you can do better. For Fords, Forscan is free and works with most ELM327 scanners. For my Mercedes, I prefer the Launch Easy Diag Plus which comes with software for 2 vehicle manufacturers and it does manufacturer specific error codes not just standard OBDII error codes. About $60 on eBay. They have a cheaper version that doesn't come with software for 2 vehicle manufacturers.

My preferred setup is also Torque Pro along with an $11 Amazon dongle.

Once people at work found out I had it I became the "code reader guy". I have used it with Audi, Ford, Suzuki, Honda, Toyota, Mazda, Dodge, and Lexus from what I remember. The only issue I ever had was with a 2013 Chrysler Town & Country. I couldn't read or reset the code to save my life. That being said, not my car, not my problem.

For the money that setup is really hard to beat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back