Brake Pads - Use or Return?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ordered some Advics front brake pads - Advics Ultra Premium. After opening the box, I notice the brake pads have some flaking material on the edges of the pads. Is this a concern?

Should I use them as is and not think twice?

Should I return them as this could be a manufacturing quality issue?

Not a concern, but you could email their tech line and see how they handle the situation.

That's weird... No idea if it's a bad sign or not. I would check out the insides of the pads and see if the flaking is there too. Kind of sketchy, I would return them, unless they make you pay return shipping. If return shipping is free, and they offer free shipping to send a new set, I'd do that.

There is nothing wrong with that
smile.gif

Completely normal. The pad comes out flat and they grind it after. This helps reduce noise but will reduce performance a little.

Advics Ultra Premium are top of the line pads, and I would expect better than that.

The Sumitomo made in Japan brake pads I just put on my truck had a few spots like the pictures. Came right off when I rubbed it with my finger. Pads are working fine.

Originally Posted By: tomcat27
scrape it off and use them

Or don't there is no difference, that stuff bothers me like a bicycle falling over in China. Its not a sign of anything good or bad, you might as well spend time pulling the mold nipples off a new tire.

Originally Posted By: Trav
Originally Posted By: tomcat27
scrape it off and use them

Or don't there is no difference, that stuff bothers me like a bicycle falling over in China. Its not a sign of anything good or bad, you might as well spend time pulling the mold nipples off a new tire.

+1 Not concerned. I would use them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back