Litens brand?

I think my auto belt tensioner is shot on my Accord, I changed the belt 20k miles ago but didn't change anything else in the the system.

I could get an OEM honda part 31170-R40-A02 for about $90 plus 1 hr driving, available this weekend.
or
Litens brand 999865A auto tensioner from advance for about $60 and get it today.
I have never heard of Litens before, site says made in Canada.

car is making an odd clatter/rattle and the tensioner marks aren't quite lined up.

IMAG3027.jpg

IMAG3028.jpg

I've installed a Goodyear-boxed Litens in my car - they're good and might be an OES, I think it was a part of Magna at one point in time. Toyota uses their tensioners on the V8s.

Last edited:
Litens was generally okay. I would use it with no problem if it is in fact Made n Canada inc the bearing. They are also on the Chicom bandwagon so make sure. For the price difference over the remaining life left in this car I would probably go OE.

Found this on YouTube, sounds exactly like the videos my wife showed me!

Will check the mix motor tomorrow.
I did remove and grease it a couple years ago, mb I put to much grease...

Originally Posted By: Trav
Litens was generally okay. I would use it with no problem if it is in fact Made n Canada inc the bearing. They are also on the Chicom bandwagon so make sure. For the price difference over the remaining life left in this car I would probably go OE.
IME it's usually the bearings in the pulley that are Chinese.

Last edited:
OK so to close out this thread...
I bought the OEM tensioner from the dealer and replaced it.
Pic of the old next to the new...
IMAG3115.jpg

LITENS IS THE OEM!
Name is written above and right of the star

Should have went with advance auto for nearly half the cost... live and learn.

Bumping this thread. The belt tensioner on the wife’s Accord failed last night. It started making loud rattling noises when the belt system had a significant load.

AAP/Carquest had a Litens in stock for $55. The box says made in Canada. While the tensioner may have been made in Canada, the bearing on the tensioner pulley was from China. The bearing is marked GBC or General Bearing Corp, which is a SKF company.

My cost for the dealer tensioner would have been double.

Attachments

• 8BF88D72-451B-4353-8DBA-B51134015DED.jpeg
    8BF88D72-451B-4353-8DBA-B51134015DED.jpeg
    144.9 KB · Views: 167
  • E7FEB2CA-A825-4EBE-80CE-9AD0799D98C6.jpeg
    E7FEB2CA-A825-4EBE-80CE-9AD0799D98C6.jpeg
    124 KB · Views: 166
Last edited:
Back