Street Performance Brake Pads for Dodge Stealth

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am looking for a good street performance pad for my Stealth R/T DOHC non-turbo, non-abs with new Centric blanks. This is for street performance driving and no tracking. On my short list are: Akebono Street Performance (GG), Raybestos AT (?), Raybestos EHT (GG)and StopTech Street Performance (GF). I was surprised to see StopTech DOT code not GG like the others. Raybestos would not provide the DOT for the AT in the application,but recommened it over the EHT. Is there any clear winner among the these or others I should consider?

Last edited:
Familiarity is what most people will choose. I put EBC Ultimax pads on my sisters Camry and they are very, very good and are GG rated.

copy & paste:

Ultimax2™ has also been graded Code “N” by the USA brake ratings system meaning this receives the TOP award for its environmentally friendly status and has also achieved the much coveted GG friction rating, almost unheard of in the automotive brake Industry.
ultimax2-new-fullThis equates to a clean pad, that lasts longer, extends disc life and emits ZERO toxicity and is a true PAD FOR THE FUTURE. The brake effect with the GG ratting is truly amazing and delivers powerful braking at first brake application. Ultimax2™ has also been widely tested in cold and damp conditions in Northern Europe and Scandinavia and in the Caribbean hot and humid temperatures where brake noise was ZERO.
GG friction rated highest in brake effect
Top Rated with Class N by the USA environmental testing to SAE J2975:2011

Out of the ones you listed in the OP, Akebono would be my first choice.

The StopTech pads are made in Taiwan (and also not GG), and the EHT might be Chinese (plus they won't answer your question about the AT pads). If Ray won't provide the DOT, don't get them. Akebono's pads are US-made.

The EBC Ultimax "Blackstuff" pads are also worth considering. Made in the UK.

Originally Posted By: skyactiv
Familiarity is what most people will choose. I put EBC Ultimax pads on my sisters Camry and they are very, very good and are GG rated.

01.gif

I'm using the Ultimax pads on my Maxima, and they are good stuff
smile.gif

Akebono's performance line or if you can find NOS Repco/Axxis/PBR pads, track down a set of Metal Masters or Ultimate pads. They won't be as rotor friendly or quiet like the Akebonos and won't have shims - you'll need to use that disc brake quiet sauce at the risk of tearing the piston boots.

I've never been happy with Centric(StopTech) pads.

I assume the Dodge Stealth/Mitsu 3000GT use 4-piston Sumitomo/Advics calipers, much like the Supra Turbo, WRX and the 2nd/3rd gen Lexus LS

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: nthach
I assume the Dodge Stealth/Mitsu 3000GT use 4-piston Sumitomo/Advics calipers, much like the Supra Turbo, WRX and the 2nd/3rd gen Lexus LS

The f/r are 2-piston /1-piston floating caliper on my fwd non-turbo. The turbo awd model has f/r 4-piston/2-piston fixed caliper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back