Would you pay $9.50 for a gallon or Royal Purple?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: oldhp
Unless my math is wrong........$9.50/4qts = $2.375 per quart. Pretty good buy I'd say. Your 87 F250 could use it also.
I would use it in the f250

For that price, why not?
The RP diesel oil is good stuff from what I've read and the price is that of any no-name diesel oil.
Sounds like a deal to me.

I would not pay $3.99 for RP. Ever since it was spun off UnoCal when it was their premier oil back in the 1970's, it has steadily gone downhill
frown.gif

Originally Posted By: Chris142
I would use it in the f250

If it is a good price and you can use it, then yes I would buy it.

PQIA tested some PCMO 5W20 oils recently and the Royal Purple did well, it had the lowest Noack volatility of the whole group. I know this is a different oil, but it shows RP still knows how to formulate a good oil.

Unocal's premier oil was Royal Triton. No connection whatsoever with Royal Purple, other than the color.

Originally Posted By: BrocLuno
I would not pay $3.99 for RP. Ever since it was spun off UnoCal when it was their premier oil back in the 1970's, it has steadily gone downhill
frown.gif

That's a great deal! Unless I'm mistaken, there aren't many full syn 15W40s on the market, & if the RP diesel oil still has Synerlec (as it used to), it's some really good oil.

A RP rep told me they start with Mobil1 stock. I don't know if that goes for their diesel products.

If it's in line with good oils on sale I'd go for it. How can you lose?

Originally Posted By: Langanobob
Unocal's premier oil was Royal Triton. No connection whatsoever with Royal Purple, other than the color.

Originally Posted By: BrocLuno
frown.gif

Well, more connected than that. John Williams developed Royal Triton for Unocal back in 51. He attempted to purchase the brand name from them in 1985 but they wanted too much money, hence Royal Purple. But Royal Triton and Royal Purple don't have any connection between them except creator and color.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back