Barrett Jackson Wax

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anyone use the newer version Barrett Jackson Liquid Wax from Home Depot or Walmart. My son just bought me a bottle. I need something with cleaning abilities and this might fit the bill but will it last?

I've never seen that stuff, but one wax I really like is Collinite Liquid Insulator Wax. Picked up a bottle on a whim on clearance for about $1.50. Not the easiest stuff to use, but man, that stuff is SLICK and really stays where you put it.

I picked up some a few weeks ago. My son helped himself to the Meguiars ultimate paste wax in the sheld. Wasn't much of it left but it looked like he dropped the applicator on the ground a few times so I just threw it away.

I've never used a Barrett product before this. It went on and off fairly easy. I don't remember if it stained my trim tho. No real complaint but it didn't seem to last that long in my climate. I generally prefer longer lasting products as it's just easier to clean the car that way.

Last edited:
I saw the Barrett-Jackson wax on the shelf at Walmart also. Perhaps it's an unfair judgement, but my initial reaction was that Barrett-Jackson was just trying to take advantage of their well known name in the auto industry, and putting their name on a product that would most likely be fair to mediocre.

What experience does Barrett-Jackson have in making car care products?

I used one of their other products and thought it was very good,the tire shine. One the few that doesn't brown the tires and lasts.

One of the best cleaning waxes/sealants is Duragloss Marine/RV Cleaner polish, even the professionals use it.

Originally Posted By: PimTac
Someone else makes the products and puts the BJ name on them. Who that is , I don't know.

I heard rumors that it was meguiars but I could be wrong

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
I used one of their other products and thought it was very good,the tire shine. One the few that doesn't brown the tires and lasts.

One of the best cleaning waxes/sealants is Duragloss Marine/RV Cleaner polish, even the professionals use it.

Isn't the Duragloss a multi stage product?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back