07 Patriot CVT fluid recommendations .

Status
Not open for further replies.
The woman i am seeing has an 07 Patriot with a CVT i am sure its never been serviced at almost 90,000 and was wanting to get some ideas.She owes 3 times more than its worth and being the nice guy i am i am just trying to avoid future problems.It shifts ok i am not a fan of any CVT.Whats the best spec fluid for the money no aimsoil or stealership suggestions please.

There isn't a dipstick, you need a fancy scan tool to find out the level.

My mom has a 2012 Patriot and we had the dealer change the fluid, was about $170 or so.

Aimsoil listing initial fill at 7.4qts and total fill at 8.9 why dont i just measure what i take out and replace that amount?Doesnt this have a filter as well?And thanks guys.Rock auto listing two filters one looks like an external and one internal?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: cknight49090
Aimsoil listing initial fill at 7.4qts and total fill at 8.9 why dont i just measure what i take out and replace that amount?Doesnt this have a filter as well?And thanks guys.Rock auto listing two filters one looks like an external and one internal?
My mom's was underfilled from the factory, and these are really picky I guess.

Sometimes Valvoline CVT fluid can be had cheaper by the 6 or 12 pack by mail-order online. I know the stuff is hard to find locally in areas. I'm sure that 10yr/old ~90K mile Patriot is in serious need for a CVT juice change.. Atleast by BITOG standards.

I bet it is too you should ride with her lol.I am just trying to help her out probably check on the fluid and do it this weekend or next.Thanks for all your help.

I finally did the fluid and filter with castrol from amazon 8 qts and filter kit around 70.00 the fluid was blackish she even helped a little took about 30 mins with the air ratchet.Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back