Schaeffer's Supreme "Full Synthetic" 9000 5W-30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adding to the collective knowledge here at BITOG. I'm running this now for a few cycles in my rig, so wanted to see how the virgin oil looked...

Doesn't look bad on paper, but I guess real world use will be the ultimate test.

Originally Posted By: KingCake
Huge waste of money.

Don't let your hate for non-WM oils color your judgement. Millions of miles on Schaeffer are racked up by big rig drivers every year and many of them swear by it.

If a UOA shows that it's a waste of money I'll happily agree with you. But until then, the jury's out.

Originally Posted By: The_Captain
I would love to see a UOA on this oil. Moly and sodium? Interesting

Look for mine in the Aug/Sept timeframe...

Isn't this a diesel HDEO?? Powerstroke guys swear by this stuff for the infamous 6.0. I just can't see paying that premium for it when I need 16 quarts per OCI and have to also pay to ship it because its not available locally.

Originally Posted By: Kuato
Huge waste of money.

Don't let your hate for non-WM oils color your judgement. Millions of miles on Schaeffer are racked up by big rig drivers every year and many of them swear by it.

If a UOA shows that it's a waste of money I'll happily agree with you. But until then, the jury's out.

What would the UOA show that would distinguish it either way?

Originally Posted By: kschachn
Originally Posted By: Kuato
Huge waste of money.

What would the UOA show that would distinguish it either way?

We've been on this site about the same amount of time and I think we both know the answer - let's just keep it simple and go with low wear numbers (arguably doable with other oils), TBN retention, minimal shearing or thickening, and perhaps an extended interval because of all those things - you know, all the things that true synthetics are known for.

I'd like to know what you'd need to see in a UOA to show it would be a waste of money? Yes there are less expensive oils to be had. 9000 is around $5-6 a quart depending on how you get it and what discount is offered.

Oh and Happy Birthday +2 days.

Originally Posted By: racin4ds
Isn't this a diesel HDEO?? Powerstroke guys swear by this stuff for the infamous 6.0. I just can't see paying that premium for it when I need 16 quarts per OCI and have to also pay to ship it because its not available locally.

It does work for whatever reason to eliminate the dreaded 6.0 injector sticking issue.

I'll be glad to email a Schaeffer 9000 uoa, both have 20k on them, in 2 weeks I will have a 30k sample
I can't figure out how to post a good picture

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back