Ford - Buy back or replacement (new vehicle)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings,

I logged a case with Ford last week.
I received a call from their regional support person Ms J.

She said on Friday Ford will get back with a decision if they will buy back/ replace the vehicle.

So what does a replacement entail?

1. What happens to the loan I already took?
2. What happens to the interest I paid on the loan already?
3. What happens to the vehicle tags, tax and fees I paid?
4. What happens to the miles I put on it already?

Their initial response was pretty lame and tried to blame me and strong arm me into taking the vehicle back to dealer to get it repaired.

After little bit of exchange she said Ford will do an internal review and decide if they will buy it back or replace it.

MY preference will be to replace it,

Originally Posted By: stockrex
Greetings,

She said on Friday Ford will get back with a decision if they will buy back/ replace the vehicle.

Their initial response was pretty lame and tried to blame me and strong arm me into taking the vehicle back to dealer to get it repaired.

After little bit of exchange she said Ford will do an internal review and decide if they will buy it back or replace it.

Your Attorney General should have a Consumer Affairs or Consumer Protction unit you can consult. It's a "lemon law" case.

Originally Posted By: skyactiv
Lemon laws differ from state to state. Don't expect credible answers from John Smith a 1000 miles away.

Yep. Don't forget the Lemon Law forces you to jump through many hoops.

And before 20 people on BITOG say to hire a lawyer, it's not that easy...

It depends entirely on what they have to do under the law and what they are willing to do in your case above the required. Assuming this is the Hail van it probably does not technically qualify for “Lemon Law”.

Should they decide to replace it they may be able to negotiate a collateral swap with the lender meaning they simply swap titles with the lender and everything stays the same.

They will probably at least request you pay for the mileage at IRS rate.

The offer may or may not be negotiable but it is worth a shot.

Originally Posted By: HerrStig
Greetings,

Your Attorney General should have a Consumer Affairs or Consumer Protction unit you can consult. It's a "lemon law" case.

I hear you bro but my atty costs me nearly $400/hr :-(, any quick calls/texts are billed at 1/4 hr intervals.

I need to manage my atty and educate myself and drive my atty in the direction I want.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Lemon laws differ from state to state. Don't expect credible answers from John Smith a 1000 miles away.

Yep. Don't forget the Lemon Law forces you to jump through many hoops.

And before 20 people on BITOG say to hire a lawyer, it's not that easy...

I asked the ford lady what are the options and what are the terms, she was deceptive and did not want to talk about.
Yes, what is my questions, what are the hoops

Record everything, if it isn't in writing it didn't happen. They do this every day, you are new to the process, don't think they wont use that to their
advantage. If you speak to someone other than youre previous contact you should assume they are listening. As other have said, look into your states laws. Having gone through this process in MI, I had to write and deliver (via certified mail with return receipt) a "last chance to repair" letter to the manufacturer. That set the real process in motion. Once they failed at that repair attempt it all became negotiations from there.

Last edited:

1-probably gets paid off and a new loan started if it is with Ford, and they should just start a loan for the new vehicle....
it SHOULD be the same balance and interest rate as your current loan.

2-Since the new loan will be the same balance as the current loan, no additional interest for you.

3-I'd say since they are giving you a new vehicle they are admitting their liability, and should have to pay for any tags/taxes/fees.

4-I'd say you are all good....you should be getting a brand new vehicle with less mileage for the same price as your lemon.

I missed your thread before I guess....what is wrong that they are doing this?

As mentioned it varies from state to state. Years ago I had a buy back from Ford and ended up coming out ahead. I had done customizing to the van that became part of the van. That added to the price of the vehicle, and I had to fight a bit for it. I won in the end, but was three decades ago and things probably changed.

Subscribed. Good luck!

Yes, but I wanted feedback from members who has been in my shoes and had vehicle replaced/bought back by Manufacturer.

Since the laws vary by state, the experience of someone in another state becomes irrelevant. The Manufacturer will do as little as they can based on the laws of your state.

Last edited:
I hear you bro but my atty costs me nearly $400/hr :-(, any quick calls/texts are billed at 1/4 hr intervals.

Did you hire Matlock or something?
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Garak

Did you hire Matlock or something?
wink.gif

lol, he worth the $$$.

Got a call back from Ford lady while I was in the shower exfoliating... She has an answer for me as to if Ford will replace/buy back the vehicle.

I spoke to my atty and he suggested I listen to her ONLY and ask about options.

I am not looking forward to conversing with this lady, she is extra pushy, deceptive and like to put words in my mouth.

FYI: I served the dealer with a "Revocation of acceptance notice per MI Law" already.

Originally Posted By: dishdude
Ford is buying back a vehicle due to body damage?!?!?!
crazy2.gif

Not yet, they said they will CONSIDER it, I asked them to address the diminished value of the vehicle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back