2011 Mustang GT 5.0, Amsoil ATM 10w30, 14870 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Latest sample out of my 2011 Mustang GT. Sample taken at 149k miles. This engine seems to be wearing beautifully as wear metals are at or below average for these engines. Several previous UOA's are also visible on this document. Trend seems to be great, minimal shear and TBN is excellent for the mileage. 20k miles should be achievable. My driving habits have recently changed. Instead of the the 3200 miles/month I had been averaging, I'm now only putting ~1000 miles/month on the car so this will become an annual oil change.

thumbsup2.gif
Nice. Looks like you'll be good for a 1 year/12k OCI.

I hadn't considered the 10w30 for my Coyote in the F150, but I am now...

Awful quiet in here...funny how the positive Amsoil threads don't get much activity...but the bashing ones do!

Originally Posted By: Kuato
Awful quiet in here...funny how the positive Amsoil threads don't get much activity...but the bashing ones do!

Several have noticed this. Take it as a compliment and leave it at that. It's nominal. And that's good, no fuss, no muss.

Here is some anecdotal spewing from me (to fill that awkward silence!
grin2.gif
). Until the year 2000 every car I bought new would use some oil, after awhile, and it would just get worse. Since 2000, no car uses any measurable oil. Engines ARE made better now. They really are. And I started as an Amsoil dealer in 2000.

Originally Posted By: cronk
Wear metals looks great! we've seen 5k mile oil changes with higher wear metals!

Exactly. At my mileage my engine is (and has long been) broken in....this shows me that the engine is experiencing very little wear in it's current usage.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
Originally Posted By: Kuato

Several have noticed this. Take it as a compliment and leave it at that. It's nominal. And that's good, no fuss, no muss.

Here is some anecdotal spewing from me (to fill that awkward silence!
grin2.gif
). Until the year 2000 every car I bought new would use some oil, after awhile, and it would just get worse. Since 2000, no car uses any measurable oil. Engines ARE made better now. They really are. And I started as an Amsoil dealer in 2000.

In my case the opposite has actually happened. The first ~30K miles I used a readily available oil and saw consumption at a rate of approx 1qt/5k miles. As I switched to ATM usage has drastically been reduced, to the tune of 1qt/15k miles. I'm sure the lower NOACK rating and reduction in shear has allowed less to slip by rings and seals and has resulted in the reduction of consumption.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back