Pronto Extended Life Oil Filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
So i ordered this pronto extended life oil filter from rock auto. Looks like the STP extended life, this one was only $4. Not many silicone anti-drain back valves for this application (2015 nissan rogue, wix and motorcraft are nitrile). Overkill for a factory spec 5k oci on 0w-20, but I wanted to check this one out. Made in Korea, unfortunatly label says 98% at 30 microns.

Originally Posted By: TmanP
Hmm... they misspelled Mobil on the cross-reference.

That is okay, half the people of this board spell it the same way.

Originally Posted By: Kage860
Made in Korea, unfortunatly label says 98% at 30 microns.

Says 98% efficient for particles less than 30 microns ... think they meant greater than 30 microns.

It looks like they come out of the same factory to me.

Last edited:
Yeah that looks a whole lot like the STP extended filter. If that paint has just a bit of grip to it then I would be even more sure thinking that. It looks like the paint has that uneven texture to it like the STP extended filter.

What you could consider Kage is leaving this filter for on for 10k miles. Just change the oil at 5k. That's what I did with my Altima 3.5 when I first got it. I used Fram Ultra and left it on for at least 10k miles.

Originally Posted By: andrewp1998
STP clone???

Not exactly the STP XL line advertises 99% efficiency at 20 microns, unlike what this filter's box shows (98% @ 30 microns). Seems like different media to me.

Last edited:
After the warranty is over I will most likely do the 10k/ two changes with an oversize synthetic filter. In the meantime I'm going to do my best to have receipts for an oil filter plus oil for every 5k.

Yeah you are right the warranty takes precedence here. These type of filters have looked really good when cut open after use. I will say that they are a good option to run. I am like you in that I wish it was available in a 7317 size

You can use the Wix 57356, which has a silicone ADBV
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back