5-Layer Mahle Cabin Filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: 555
"Personal low emissions zone", where am I putting this filter?

My wife will want to have my tighty whities made from this material.
laugh.gif

Hm.. gimmick.

Unless the rest of the car is sealed up extremely tight, and you never roll the windows down, this filter is just marketing.

There's only so much carbon filters can do until you step up to HEPA(which is available on Tesla and maybe Mercedes and BMW as part of their "protection" series) or UV/ozone/ionization which Toyota offers on higher-end Lexus models and Sharp's PlasmaCluster was an option on the Camry.

If it were available for my car, and not like 3x as expensive as what I'm using now, I'd buy it.

Yeah, it's going to be much less effective in a car that isn't properly sealed. But it'll still be better than a plain old filter in the same car, if only marginally.

Originally Posted By: nthach
There's only so much carbon filters can do until you step up to HEPA(which is available on Tesla and maybe Mercedes and BMW as part of their "protection" series) or UV/ozone/ionization which Toyota offers on higher-end Lexus models and Sharp's PlasmaCluster was an option on the Camry.

Didn't know that about Lexus and the Camry. Cool stuff! Wish it were available on more cars. Seems like a dang sight more worthwhile than higher-end sound systems or mood lighting.

Bosch have Hepa cabin filters. Do not look that expensive compared to brand name regular filters.

Originally Posted By: CharlieBauer
Bosch have Hepa cabin filters. Do not look that expensive compared to brand name regular filters.

The Bosch filters are very restrictive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back