VW Grand Cherokee

Status
Not open for further replies.

dishdude

$100 Site Donor 2023
Could this be a more obvious copy? I'm mostly offended by how they took my really nice looking Jeep and uglified it with that Pacifica looking window on the rear door.

4EhY3RB.jpg

9hmn0Cm.jpg

It happens all the time, think of the mini cooper, fiat 500 and ford ka. Or the gt86 and the brz.
After the vw taro it really shouldn't be a surprise to you...

It could be a VW/GC as Chrysler & VW have teamed up together in the recent past with a VW(Routan) version of the Dodge Caravan.

Look again. The VW Atlas will be made by VW in their Tennessee plant. The Jeep's windshield is more raked, which will make the VW a better driving vehicle in terms of forward visibility. The Jeep has more sheet metal on the right of the lower fender between the tire and the door and the rear quarter panel has more sheet metal on the Jeep between the rear door and the rear tire. The VW looks better. I have no need for an SUV myself.

Quite like the original Cherokee though I hear reliability is poor. Was up in the mountains on Friday and saw a couple of pickup versions, which I didn't know existed. Looked OK.

It just looks like a larger Toureg, which VW has made for some time.

I personally think Jeep based their WK2 off that.

Don't really see anything more than a slight resemblance.

I personally think the WK2 looks like a combo of the WJ and the old SJs. Mechanically, the WK2 feels like a copy of the LR3 and the L302 Range Rover with the air suspension and terrain modes as opposed to 4wd modes. But, the first LR was based on a Willys Jeep, so Jeep and LR borrowing from each other is nothing new.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Olas
It happens all the time, think of the mini cooper, fiat 500 and ford ka. Or the gt86 and the brz.
After the vw taro it really shouldn't be a surprise to you...

Lol the GT86, BRZ, and FR-S are literally the same car...
crackmeup2.gif

I see are two white SUVs... And that's where the similarities end.

I'll take the VW. Better styling, better driving dynamics, more interior space, better build quality, and I'd put good money down that it'll last longer and with less issues than that FCA P.O.S.

Originally Posted By: rooflessVW

I'll take the VW. Better styling, better driving dynamics, more interior space, better build quality, and I'd put good money down that it'll last longer and with less issues than that FCA P.O.S.

LOL! Challenge accepted! When are you buying yours so we can compare?

They actually don’t look at all similar to me.

Not sure how a 2.0T Atlas is going to perform, but the VR6 should too well.

Bigger Tiguan coming too...

Originally Posted By: DuckRyder
They actually don’t look at all similar to me.

Not sure how a 2.0T Atlas is going to perform, but the VR6 should too well.

Bigger Tiguan coming too...

I bet the VR6 will be a fuel pig compared to Honda, Toyota, Mazda etc.....

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Originally Posted By: rooflessVW

LOL! Challenge accepted! When are you buying yours so we can compare?

If I needed to replace the Volvo I just bought, I truly would be in the Atlas.

We test drove the GC and hated it.
21.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back