PF47 and PF52

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have some PF47 equivalent filters leftover from our sold Impala. Any reason to not use them on the Tahoe? Thanks

No issues at all. Same filter specs, one is just larger. We actually went to the PF47 here in the plant because we would sometimes hit the longer PF52 filter when getting the motors out of the racks during install.

Nevermind...I thought you had an LS1 engine in it.
You have the Vortec 350 .

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: GMBoy
No issues at all. Same filter specs, one is just larger. We actually went to the PF47 here in the plant because we would sometimes hit the longer PF52 filter when getting the motors out of the racks during install.
Cool, that's what I figured thanks.

Originally Posted By: Bud_One
Nevermind...I thought you had an LS1 engine in it.
You have the Vortec 350 .

Yes Vortec is correct

Keep in mind the PF47 has a lower holding capacity than PF52, probably around 30-50% higher for the larger filter so I wouldn't try any extended chnages on the shorter filter unless the engine is extremely well maintained.

The holding capacity would be my only concern.

For the Fram Ultra sized cross reference the smaller filter is 10 grams(XG3387A) and the larger one is 13-15 grams (XG3980) fwiw, since I use those same two filters for my Buick.

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
Keep in mind the PF47 has a lower holding capacity than PF52, probably around 30-50% higher for the larger filter so I wouldn't try any extended chnages on the shorter filter unless the engine is extremely well maintained.

The holding capacity would be my only concern.

For the Fram Ultra sized cross reference the smaller filter is 10 grams(XG3387A) and the larger one is 13-15 grams (XG3980) fwiw, since I use those same two filters for my Buick.
Thanks for the info. I have some PF52 classics I plan to use first. I was looking for info since I have the leftover Wixs and Carquest Wixs. I didn't want to give them away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back