Honda GCV 160 wont start

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: mkosem
Well, looked like it was really $3 when I bought it. This is the one I added: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000VYNFRA

$3.45 for the filter..... but $5.03 for shipping???

2547a6bc3419b1cc99fe41841e14ce65_zpsukcdrzdv.jpg

That shipping price just gave me chest pains.

I inherited a 2 year old Honda GCV160 push mower. This mower has automatic choke. It always take a workout to get it started. I mean a sweating workout. Once it started and run, it would die if I mower is tilted to the left on a hill. Is this a carburetor problem?

Good job! I've never bought a carb - have always pulled them apart and cleaned them, but can understand for $20 the attraction of avoiding the aggravation, since you don't know if you've gotten it right until it's back on.

I highly recommend installing an inline fuel filter in this mower. If you refill the tank with any dust in the air, it will clog and act up. I dealt with this 3x over two years until I added the filter. These engines sip fuel and therefore have small passages and clog easily. It's a good problem to have. Pretty much all of the tiny honda OHC engines now-- I suggest adding a filter.

-m

Originally Posted By: Mantooth
$3.45 for the filter..... but $5.03 for shipping???

I dunno anything about that. Shipping was free on prime
smile.gif

That said, you can probably pick up the same basic thing from your local Home Depot/Lowes or power equipment sales/service business and avoid the wait and shipping cost.

--Matt

Auto parts stores, hardware stores, farm supply stores, etc..
usually carry small engine filters.
Several types, stone style, pancake style, and even paper element types.

I use a Fram G1 in my garden tractor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back