JCB Mini Excavator 8018 CTS Perkins 403D-11 Engine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

Hoping I could get some guidance on oil. I have a JCB mini excavator with a Perkins 403D-11 Diesel Engine. Machine has a little less then 1000 hours on it currently. Don't really know how regularly the oil on the machine was done. Just purchased the machine and the oil and filter were serviced. The engine runs but it vibrates a lot imo at the low idle settings. I checked the motor mounts and they all seem attached. I gasoline engine diy'er and not 100% if is just be being paranoid or diesel engines just tend to run like this. A few times I notice a little bit of white smoke when the engine is running but the last day it had cleared up. So not sure if the machine just hasn't been worked hard and might be some glazing on the cylinders. I am watching my coolant to make sure its not a leak. So I am now thinking should I try to switch to a synthetic see if that helps clean out any old deposits, or could that lead to a worsening situation.

Ok so the specs on oil. I would like to do another oil change on the machine and switch i over to Synthetic oil. I was thinking about Rotella T-6 15w-40. I am located in the North NJ.

Manual shows this "Engine (Oil) lists 2 JCB 10W/30 Multigrade (above -15°C (above 5°F)) MIL-L-46152, API CC/SF & 5W/20 (-15°C to -25°C (5°F to 13°F)) API CC/SE (recommended).

Now on the forums I am reading that Rotella has recently switched specs so I am totally confused! Is it a smart idea to switch over to T-6 or should I stick with T4 or T5?

Any HDEO 5w-40, 15W-40 or straight 30 in the summer will be fine.

The oil isn't your issue -
the white smoke & roughness means the injectors need to be cleaned, or the fuel is really old.

A diesel engine with only 1000 hours will typically have have NO "deposits" to clean out. NONE.

It's not at all like a gas engine in that regard.
I have worked on 100's of diesels and never seen "deposits" inside like you see in gas engine.

Hi @Linctex, I guess the forum isn't emailing to let me know I got response.

Anyways the machine is a 2014. I was talking to a guy who works on the JCB machines and he was telling me he had one machine that was having the same issues as mine and said he changed the glow plugs and the fuel injection pump, and that cleared up the rough idle.

Linctex, any recommendations for what I could try to clean up the injectors?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back