Meguiars Carnuba Wash?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should have taken a pic, but didn't think about it. I was at Costco today and saw some large car shampoo jugs from Megauirs labeled Carnuba wash. Some googling as well as browsing the Meg's website didn't bring up anything. Costco doesn't have them listed on their site either... Has anybody else seen these? At this point, I'm going to make an extra strop tomorrow just to double check this and snap a pic or two. Was a pink color but otherwise appeared similar in consistency to Meg's Ultimate Wash & Wax... Happy used of GC shampoo, but still curious if anybody has info or experience with this one.

Isnt that the brigt yellow shampoo?
I-ve used it for years and to be honest i-ve never noticed any difference at all. Thats why i switched back to the regular meguiars shampoo. (Dark yellow)

EDIT: I just read your post again (This time completely) and see that you said it was pink. Sorry.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Noobie
Isnt that the brigt yellow shampoo?
I-ve used it for years and to be honest i-ve never noticed any difference at all. Thats why i switched back to the regular meguiars shampoo. (Dark yellow)

EDIT: I just read your post again (This time completely) and see that you said it was pink. Sorry.

I find the bright yellow wash (Meguiars Ultimate) superior to the dark yellow (Gold Class). I just purchased a gallon of Chemical Guys synthetic wash / wax) but Meguiars Ultimate wash/wax is my go to OTC product.

I dont like the smell of the wash and wax and I personally love the gold class stuff. It always cleans well and has results that get noticed. I do tend to use more than suggested though.

My advice is smell it...the smell turns me off..

Originally Posted By: Gasbuggy
The rain X spotless dry is the most interesting car wash I've used thus far.

I didn't like it. I found it didn't suds up that much.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint

That is strange. I found it suds up as much as any other I've used. I wonder if our differences come from me using filtered well water and you using public?

I'd still trade suds for not needing to drag my drying towel all over the car.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint

That is strange. I found it suds up as much as any other I've used. I wonder if our differences come from me using filtered well water and you using public?

I'd still trade suds for not needing to drag my drying towel all over the car.

It could be the water. I like suds to lift dirt, this didn't have many. I switched over to Mother's soap for the next wash and it lathered up real well. I did like the fact that drying was extremely easy, but if the car was very dirty I'd be concerned with the lack of suds lifting the dirt.

I saw it at Costco as well, if it's anything like Armor All or Rain-X, I'll pass. If this does work, I might have to stop buying Chemical Guys or Griot's car wash.

Originally Posted By: Rolla07
I dont like the smell of the wash and wax and I personally love the gold class stuff. It always cleans well and has results that get noticed. I do tend to use more than suggested though.

My advice is smell it...the smell turns me off..

x2, Gold Class is my favorite
cheers3.gif

Also a big fan of Meg's GC shampoo. I typically use that with D156 as a "dry as you wax" application. Anyways, here are pics of the bottle. Its about $13/gal and I'm considering trying it. Not like I've found a bad product from Megs, just might not replace the usual combination.

a2f992.jpg

2r5tg61.jpg

I am sure it is a good stuff. Never heard of it though. Meguiars across the board makes quality products. Even there "lower" end items.

Interesting. I was not aware of this car wash from Meguiars and have used their stuff for many many years. I checked the site and it is not listed under the consumer or professional lines. The color is very much like their economical Deep Crystal Wash. Might be worth a call to the friendly folks there to learn more.

PS I have always used the Gold Class wash with good results. I saw the yellow Ultimate Wash and Wax on sale at Walmart and thought I might give it a try. Not sure if it will matter for me. I maintain a good coat of wax on my cars and what I deal with here in Colorado is dust accumulation more than anything so just use a small dollop of wash in my bucket. I wonder if the Ultimate Wash and Wax dries and wipes off clean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back