Jake Anderson's temper on the Deadliest Catch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any of you guys watch this show? I mean [censored] Sean on The Brenna A is a rookie and you couldn't ever tell by the way he acts. I guess he was the type to pay attention to all the details over the years growing up, but I just can't stand Jake Anderson and his temper tantrums. Like last night he went ballistic because they went to the bar for a little while. I would have just been like ok guys, I need you back here now we're casting off soon. Honestly, I never new he had such a Temper and drinking problems and such. He seemed like a pretty good guy when he was just a deckhand.

I don't think so I think in this case they all kind of have their own personalities, so there isn't really a need for a script.

Reality shows are not, by definition, reality because the presence of the video team alters behavior of the actors. Take for instance the primitive survival shows. The paid actors also referred to as "reality stars", know that if they get snake bit or otherwise between a rock and a hard place, that their bacon is going to get saved. They know there is "backup" available. This makes those shows complete nonsense.

Find something better to do with your time than sitting around on your duff watching modern day soap operas.

I cannot believe you think even a single word on any reality program is real. They even rehearse or take multiple "takes" with different words and actors. The editors use whichever take is most shocking.

Anything that comes out of that 50" screen is entertainment, nothing more, nothing less, cleverly crafted to make the end viewer think it's all real time, and real all the time.

Except for BigBangTheory, now that stuff is true. The self serving, dumb acting PhD nerd always gets the pretty blonde.

crackmeup2.gif
crackmeup2.gif
crackmeup2.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: motor_oil_madman
Any of you guys watch this show?

Nope. Whenever I want to watch "reality" I walk outside and go see people. There's this world that exists outside of a computer monitor (or even a TV screen).

I like the show. Sure parts might be set up re shot but these guys are real crab fishermen doing dangerous work with big bucks at stake. No doubt their true personalities come out especially under the conditions they find themselves in. Your time...Enjoy!

I like Deadliest Catch.
27.gif

I remember there was one season that the producers told the crews to "up the drama". I think they were trying to be like Ice Road Truckers and Axe Men (I can't get through an episode of either of those without my blood pressure going up). A lot of fans left because of it and they toned it back down. I know there is a lot of "fake" or over the top "performances" but I still like it just fine. It was the first of the "reality" profession shows and I think it's entertaining.

That being said, I haven't watched the last two or three seasons. I just don't watch much TV anymore.

I watch TV for two reasons - to be either entertained or informed.

I watch Deadliest Catch and Moonshiners. Stupid and scripted as they are, I am entertained.

I believe Deadliest Catch is a spinoff of Mike Rowe's Dirtiest Jobs.

Originally Posted By: The_Eric
Scripted soap opera drama. No thanks.
This ^ They want more "drama" on Wheeler Dealers now as well, it's why Ed China left.

Fishermen and bars go together, especially in Alaska. There is not much else to do. The crew figures that once they cast off they will hit the racks until they reach their spot. After that, sleep is a luxury.

I watch that show all the time. I guess when Sig had that widowmaker almost heart attack was scripted? Some of it, sure, but not 100%. I guess the boats out at sea is filmed on a sound stage with the green background? I can't believe Jake trusted the rookie to fill the feed bags with octopus instead of fish that attracts crab. I know Sig was not happy almost believing him.

Originally Posted By: Kestas
I watch TV for two reasons - to be either entertained or informed.

I watch Deadliest Catch and Moonshiners. Stupid and scripted as they are, I am entertained.

I believe Deadliest Catch is a spinoff of Mike Rowe's Dirtiest Jobs.

Same here.

Although that last sentence may be the other way around. Deadliest Catch came out 4 months before Dirty Jobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back