How to ignore a user?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I looked today but didn't find out a link to click on. I clicked on this user, but didn't see an Ignore option.

Go to the users profile, ignore user should be right there.

profile for usermember

Member #: 00000 Online
Title:
Total Posts: 0000
Registered on: 10/10/00 00:04 PM
Add to UBB Buddies | Ignore this user | Add to Watched Users | Show User's Posts
About Me
Contact Info
PM: Send a Private Message
UBB Buddies
(Users that have added me)

Last edited:
Thanks. I just assumed it would be in the drop down menu when I clicked on their username. But I found it in their profile.

Why would you want to ignore anyone?

1 don't interact with anyone who directly antagonizes you

2 laugh when others get Hooked on the troll bait.

Lotta users I don't necessarily agree with all the time, but even those who's posts sometimes offend me offer solid or unique advice occasionally or even often.

I find some posts (and some users) a waste of time. As far as "solid or unique advice," if they have any to offer, then it would be well worth it. But not everyone here provides car/oil advice.

Originally Posted By: gathermewool

Lotta users I don't necessarily agree with all the time, but even those who's posts sometimes offend me offer solid or unique advice occasionally or even often.

Originally Posted By: paulri
I find some posts (and some users) a waste of time. As far as "solid or unique advice," if they have any to offer, then it would be well worth it. But not everyone here provides car/oil advice.

Right, but all you have to do is continue scrolling past the post or thread. When I'm researching something online, it's pretty easy to tell which reviews or discussions are worth reading (whether they align with my own thoughts or not) and which are to be completely ignored. The same is true here: I pay attention to each individual post and mostly ignore the user names.

Right, but all you have to do is continue scrolling past the post or thread. When I'm researching something online, it's pretty easy to tell which reviews or discussions are worth reading (whether they align with my own thoughts or not) and which are to be completely ignored. The same is true here: I pay attention to each individual post and mostly ignore the user names.

Yes, but when you have the same person constantly spewing the same thing every post and in no way contributing to any post, you get tired of it. The ignore feature allows you to not have to read those useless posts. Just as in the real world I can choose to not interact with those that annoy me.

If you don't want to ignore a used, that is fine, don't. It is an option for those that want to.

Originally Posted By: blupupher

Yes, but when you have the same person constantly spewing the same thing every post and in no way contributing to any post, you get tired of it. The ignore feature allows you to not have to read those useless posts. Just as in the real world I can choose to not interact with those that annoy me.

If you don't want to ignore a used, that is fine, don't. It is an option for those that want to.

you don't have to read them even if you don't mute them. there's this thing called scrolling.

Originally Posted By: KingCake

you don't have to read them even if you don't mute them. there's this thing called scrolling.

Yes, but I don't look at user names as I read posts, I read posts first. I start reading a post and think "What an idiot" and then look at the name, and it is the same idiot as usual. If I ignore them, I don't have to even see them.
Just as in real life. If there is a person I don't like, I don't talk to them and do not interact with them. The ignore feature does that for me.

Originally Posted By: bvance554
There are no safe spaces here. Deal with it.

Hahahaha, this is good. Why ignore? I want to see all the nutcases...

Its simple: Click my name on the top left corner of the post. Click view profile. Then on the next screen click "Ignore this user" and Bob's your uncle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back