ST4967 - 3000mi Cut Open

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
Everything looks very low on contamination visually. Oil looks fresh still and filter media hardly darkened

I didn't drain the oil. I threw another filter on it and will run it 2k more miles. Just wanted to see how these cheapo filters hold up. Impressed for sure.

It's probably more a quality of the engine putting off low contamination rather than filter being high quality because I can almost guarantee you those are low holding capacity compared to the name brands but we tend to not push our filters on a single oil change if our engines are in good health

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
It's probably more a quality of the engine putting off low contamination rather than filter being high quality because I can almost guarantee you those are low holding capacity compared to the name brands but we tend to not push our filters on a single oil change if our engines are in good health

I'll soon be pulling the valve cover to do the gasket and I'm looking forward to seeing how clean/dirty it is.

Filter looks good. I just won't use any of the filters that come with that pesky combo valve. That's just my personal preference.

Thank you for posting! Will the longer ST4386 fit?
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Run
Filter looks good. I just won't use any of the filters that come with that pesky combo valve. That's just my personal preference.

What other filters have the combo value? The lower-end Napas and Carquests? what else?

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
Thank you for posting! Will the longer ST4386 fit?
smile.gif

Yes it will. Currently using a Fram 4386 and have some stocked bosch 3325's from walmart sale.

Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en

What other filters have the combo value? The lower-end Napas and Carquests? what else?

I think I have only seen them on "low end" Wix made filters (Supertech, Microguard, ProSelect) and Champ made e-cores (many different named jobber filters), but there may be more.

Not all of the the ST filters use them though. I know the ST3600 does not (Car51 posted a new one recently).

It is easy to see though when buying it, just look down the centertube for a spring bypass valve.

Originally Posted By: blupupher
Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en

I think I have only seen them on "low end" Wix made filters (Supertech, Microguard, ProSelect) and Champ made e-cores (many different named jobber filters), but there may be more.

Not all of the the ST filters use them though. I know the ST3600 does not (Car51 posted a new one recently).

It is easy to see though when buying it, just look down the centertube for a spring bypass valve.

Yep, and the Pro Tec and few others WIX makes do NOT use the combo valve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back