MIGHTY M2051 oil filter, 8,xxx miles CUT OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good afternoon folks
smile.gif

This is off of a friend of my real fathers 2017 Ford F-250 "super duty" with the automatic and 6.7 diesel. Unknown oil and this filter. Put a Baldwin he supplied and Rotella Conventional 10w30 in CK4 flavor in and on. Truck already has 30,498 miles on it. He does a lot of hauling and trailering stuff with it. From what was left on end of can filter was made March 11, 2016 and Line C and 2nd shift. Interesting Purolator uses string on these heavy duty filters
smile.gif

Purolator clone? Seems like it looking at the string around the media and the style of bypass valve.

Originally Posted By: 2015_PSD
Purolator clone? Seems like it looking at the string around the media and the style of bypass valve.

Good friend: all I can say is "made by Purolator" and I was surprised to see the string

Originally Posted By: blupupher
That's a big filter. Still amazed at how dirty diesel oil/filters get.

Nice louvered centertube. It is strange to see the string again.

Yeah, diesels definitely make some nasty soot and such.

Thanks, Car51!

Still amazed at how dirty diesel oil/filters get.

Much of the soot in diesel oil is smaller than 1 micron.

It is strange to see the string again.

Yes, Indeed!!

I work part time at a lube shop and we use Mighty filters. We have a few high mileage customers who have come to us since they bought their cars new. One guy has an '03 Caravan with 435,000 miles on it. Original engine and trans with no work, just regular preventative maintenance.

L8R,
Matt

Originally Posted By: AnthemBassMan
I work part time at a lube shop and we use Mighty filters. We have a few high mileage customers who have come to us since they bought their cars new. One guy has an '03 Caravan with 435,000 miles on it. Original engine and trans with no work, just regular preventative maintenance.

L8R,
Matt

Wow that's a lot of life there. Imagine if that thing could talk lol

Thanks car51

You do some excellent c and p

That filter held up well, string and all.

That oil looks dirty. You did the man a good service swapping it out. Good job

I appreciate your posts.

Originally Posted By: toneydoc
Thanks car51

I appreciate your posts.

Thanks Tonydoc and gentlemen
smile.gif

He usually goes 5-6k, but life and some stuff got in the way this time. I'm glad the filter looked good also
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: toneydoc
Thanks car51

I appreciate your posts.

All oil looks black from diesel engines. Even after 1000 miles. That, in and of itself, has nothing to do when an oil change is due.

Thanks car51 for the C&P.

Looking through the center tube is like going through a wormhole.

Good job Hoss. You are a tremendous asset to everyone else on here. Many, many others and myself appreciate all of your hard work.

Originally Posted By: Linctex
It is strange to see the string again.
Yes, Indeed!!
Current Motorcraft filters for the 6.7L PSD also have the string, but usually do not look as good as this one after only 5K miles. I stopped using them and switched to wire-backed mesh filters.

Originally Posted By: bbhero
Good job Hoss. You are a tremendous asset to everyone else on here. Many, many others and myself appreciate all of your hard work.

Thanks Captain

2015_PSD: you are right
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back