New Motorcraft Bottles spotted

Status
Not open for further replies.
stopped in my local Wally for a potty stop tonight on my way back into town, took a wander over to the auto section, and saw these new motorcraft bottles:

hadn't heard anything about them yet, anyone else see 'em yet.
the 5 qt jugs were still the old ones

Saw them Dayton tonight at the walmart north of town also. . That great oil is reason my Crown Vic is still eating up the highway miles like a Hungry Kitten.

Originally Posted By: Ifixyawata
I should dream this would mean a clearance on old packaging but I know it won't.

The part numbers have not changed, just the packaging, so there would be no way of tracking.

Originally Posted By: Falcon_LS
Did Conocco redesign their bottles, or has Ford switched to another supplier?

Same formula, different packaging?

Kendall was the first with those, so, most likely, it is Co as opposed to just one brand.

Originally Posted By: Y_K

Kendall was the first with those, so, most likely, it is Co as opposed to just one brand.

Good to know
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
I dig the wider bottle openings. I hope it catches on.

Ditto. That was the first thing I noticed, the opening is more like the jugs than the 1 quart bottles.

We got a case of Mazda 5W20 that has the same bottles as the Motorcraft ones. The 5W20 ships from Excelda like the Idemitsu 0W20 but the 0W20 has the older bottles still.

Looks like it might still be Conoco/Kendall

Strange that GM/ACDelco doesn't use the new bottles considering they just switched suppliers recently
crazy2.gif

The new Shield Choice motor oil (which will replace TropArtic), uses the same bottle, except the Shield Choice bottle is silver/gray.
TropArtic/Shield Choice is another Conoco/Phillips oil brand.

Is Conoco a primary supplier or just a refinery? If they drill for their own is it from a particular geographic area?

Originally Posted By: CapitalTruck
They don't use XOM anymore?

Motorcraft oil has been from ConocoPhillips as long or longer than I have been working for Ford, which will be 10 years on Sunday.

Originally Posted By: Bgallagher
Interesting. For the money I would get the ST synthetic.
3.00 dollars more and it qs synthetic and 5.00 more any high mileage synthetic. But it is good oil just priced to high for what it is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back