STP dexron VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm about 300 miles away from 25k and i want to change out some of the trans fluid in the Malibu. Wal-Mart stoped selling the maxlife atf i wanted to use. The Malibu has a drain plug and a check plug, so basically I'm doing a drain and fill of about 4 to 5 quarts. I got a deal on some stp dexron vi for $2.99 a Q through our parts store at work. So i grabbed 6 Q's. So how good of quality is this stuff?

Originally Posted By: drtyler
If it is a licensed Dexron IV product, the quality is fine.

Exactly. So long as it is Licensed/approved (not compatible or recommended) you will have no problems with the fluid.
There are a few that are not licensed that are OK to use (Redline D6 ATF comes to mind).

I've been using it for top offs lately. Seeing as Amazon no longer has Havoline DEX VI for a good price, STP DEXVI has become my latest go to.

Works fine with no issues. It's licensed.

It also has the license number someone near the bottom of the bottle on the back.

Last month we did a drain & fill on our 2015 Sonic . I think it has the same transmission as your car .

I used almost 5 quarts of Havoline Dexron VI I bought back when they had it for a good price .

Our local Walmart has shown ( on their web site ) to be out of stock on Valvoline MaxLife . It recently showed to be available online . I ordered 2 one gallon jugs , delivered to the local Walmart .

Best I can tell , MaxLife is recommended for Dexron VI , but not licensed . Valvoline does sell a Dexron VI in a blue bottle , that I think is licensed ?

Thinking about using the MaxLife in our 1991 Caprice , not our 2015 Sonic .

I would certainly buy STP Dexron VI for $ 2.99 , if I could get my hands on it .

God bless
Wyr

Originally Posted By: WyrTwister
Last month we did a drain & fill on our 2015 Sonic . I think it has the same transmission as your car .

I used almost 5 quarts of Havoline Dexron VI I bought back when they had it for a good price .

Our local Walmart has shown ( on their web site ) to be out of stock on Valvoline MaxLife . It recently showed to be available online . I ordered 2 one gallon jugs , delivered to the local Walmart .

Best I can tell , MaxLife is recommended for Dexron VI , but not licensed . Valvoline does sell a Dexron VI in a blue bottle , that I think is licensed ?

I would certainly buy STP Dexron VI for $ 2.99 , if I could get my hands on it .

God bless
Wyr

Did you do a drain and fill and measure the fluid. Or did you check the fluid level with the check plug?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: stower17
I've been using it for top offs lately. Seeing as Amazon no longer has Havoline DEX VI for a good price, STP DEXVI has become my latest go to.

Works fine with no issues. It's licensed.

The label on the back of STP Transmission fluid VI shows the same wording as Super Tech. It must be good
shocked.gif

>

Originally Posted By: gabriel9766
Originally Posted By: WyrTwister

God bless
Wyr

Did you do a drain and fill and measure the fluid. Or did you check the fluid level with the check plug?

Checked with the drain plug , idling in park .

Best of luck to you , :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back