M1 Annual Protection?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: kschachn
Originally Posted By: 4WD
Met an M1 guy staying at same hotel. Did some digging ... up to 60% more PAO and uses Visom 6 ... also 35% more antioxidants ...
WM did get ahead of mid March launch ... others to stock April to end of summer... could not get much else ...
I'll just wait for a better price and data should come in when affordable ...

All of which means what? Does all that substitute for certifications?
Good motor oil is all about additives. At least that is what the oil lab people told me white they were testing it before before releasing it so I could haul it out of the refineries.

Walmart needs to come out with a $25 version of SuperTech. Just change the bottle.... say "Annual Protection".

Originally Posted By: NO2
After Mobil gets their first sales reports they will lower the price to $32 or so. I can't see it flying off the shelves at $48.

Trouble is, the only folk who can afford this oil drive Teslas.

(It's actually closer to $50, over $50 by the time you add in sales tax.)

I just brought my second 5 quart jug at $28 a jug. That is what my local Walmarts are selling it for in both NYS and Western Pennsylvania!!! And it appears to be selling.

And 20,000 mile oil changes are nothing. I know of a regional ltl trucking company that ran one of it rigs without ever changing the oil as a test of a unnamed motor oil company. They only changed the filter and topped of the crankcase when the filter was changed. They tore down the engine (Cummings) every 100,000 miles and measured all the moving parts. The last tear down was at the million mile mark. No parts ever required replacing during the test. They continued running the tractor as a city pick/delivery rig and when the chassis got to rough, as a yard tractor. It never had its oil changed. How is that for a oil change interval!!! And in a diesel!!!

Originally Posted By: parmm
I just brought my second 5 quart jug at $28 a jug. That is what my local Walmarts are selling it for in both NYS and Western Pennsylvania!!! And it appears to be selling.

No kidding?

I'd try the Mobil 1 Annual Protection 5w-30 for $28 per jug. That's about $22 less than it's going for in Southern California.

Are you _SURE_ you're not buying Mobil 1 Extended Performance? That sells for about $28 per 5 quart jug.

Maybe we all can look forward to M1AP at $28/jug? I can dream, can't I?

It's way too soon for a mark down I think.
Mobil is up to something.
It is not selling at all here.I talked to the auto mgr at Wally and he said it hasn't sold in about a month now.
The EP next to it on the shelf is empty.

Originally Posted By: kohnen

No kidding?

I'd try the Mobil 1 Annual Protection 5w-30 for $28 per jug. That's about $22 less than it's going for in Southern California.

Are you _SURE_ you're not buying Mobil 1 Extended Performance? That sells for about $28 per 5 quart jug.

Maybe we all can look forward to M1AP at $28/jug? I can dream, can't I?

Mobil 1 EP is currently on Rollback to about $25.XX, about the same as regular Mobil 1...

Shocked to see yesterday at WM that there was a jug of AP missing from the shelf. I pass by it weekly on the way to the hunting/fishing section and this was the first time I saw a less than completely full shelf.

Originally Posted By: Why
Shocked to see yesterday at WM that there was a jug of AP missing from the shelf. I pass by it weekly on the way to the hunting/fishing section and this was the first time I saw a less than completely full shelf.

could've been stolen/shoplifted
27.gif

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog

could've been stolen/shoplifted
27.gif

Or a customer picked up a jug, THEN looked at the price and fainted...and the jug broke when he crashed to the floor.

;^)

My local walmart has 2 end caps dedicated to this stuff(5qt jugs) and a slew of the new oil filters. I wonder if they are going to faze out EP and just keep the AP?

Also, if the jug is $50 at walmart, it must be about $70 at auto zone...

That honestly sounds like a "whoopsee" pricing error to me. Somebody messed up, they will catch it soon enough I'm betting.

Yeah I agree KC Jeep. At $28 I would be a player for this oil. But at $50 they are just too high for me. I can buy Amsoil Signature Series for about the same price out of a local Carquest.

Originally Posted By: Matagonka
Has anyone sent in a VOA sample yet?

At $50 a jug at WM, I hope it contains a good percentage of angel tears and unicorn sweat.

Curious to see though.

At $50 a jug at WM, I hope it contains a good percentage of angel tears and unicorn sweat.

And a little pet gnome that will come home with you and change the oil for you while you have an ice cold six pack of your choice that of course comes included!

Originally Posted By: Matagonka
Has anyone sent in a VOA sample yet?

Curious to see though.

LOL A those prices I wouldn't waste my money since I won't be using the oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back