Magnefine Filter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I ordered a magnefine filter through ebay a few days ago and it arrived today - well I don't believe its a magnefine filter. Can I just confirm with those who have used these that they do actually look like this:
Magnefine_Auto%20Transmission%20_Filter(1).jpg
They sent me a smooth black plastic inline filter, just bubble wrapped not in any form of brand packaging. Anyway Im requesting a refund as its not what I ordered, just wanted to double check with you guys to make sure Im not looking like a clown.

Last edited:
Same here.
I do believe that Magnefines are available in 12 packs.
A bubble wrapped example would be meritorious as they didn't just throw it in a 8" X 8" box without padding as many parts houses do today.

Order from the official Magnafine page in the future would be my advice. They are like $15.
There ARE fakes out there.

All the "official" ones I've ordered and used over the years on five different vehicles look like the OP's picture.

I'm sure it will be fine but I always order from the official MF web page that way you know your not getting a counterfeit.

The official Magnefine website shows two different filters for each barb size, a generic looking smooth black filter, and the regular Magnefine filters, which for the past several months has shown "Out of stock" next to price. Somethings up...

The ribbed ones are made by Boss Products and the smooth ones are made by Filtran. It says so right on the website.

Originally Posted By: quint
The official Magnefine website shows two different filters for each barb size, a generic looking smooth black filter, and the regular Magnefine filters, which for the past several months has shown "Out of stock" next to price. Somethings up...

I see that thanks for pointing that out, maybe they got sick of the leakers, filtran is a good company.

Smooth ones are NOT Magnafine. My local transmission shop, which always had the real Magnafine filters, began selling these cheaper Filtran alternatives. I was NOT pleased. They are out of business now.

So this is what was sent to me - just like this in bubble wrap. Australian magnefine website lists them at double the cost you guys get them - $36AU so around $27US

Last edited:
That is the real deal with the fins - I used a couple before switching them for a spin on transmission filter ...

I used the ribbed Magnefine and the smooth Wix (Filtran) on my transmission. One of the Wix (Filtran) started leaking at the seam. Almost pumped out all of the transmission fluid. If you take them apart, the Magnefine has way bigger magnets than the Filtran. I had no problems with the ribbed Magnefine. After the assembly seam split on the Wix (Filtran), I'm not sure I want to trust them again.

I've been in contact with Magnefine's US based sales group. They stopped production and are moving their production to the States and will begin making their updated filter case out of metal with a new design due to cheap Chinese knockoffs. In the meantime, they are sourcing the Filtran filter to their customers until the production source is back up and running. They said it would be the end of April before that happened.

I'm not in need of a filter at the moment, so I'd be glad to wait until the new product is available.

Might be correct then, as this is the response I got from the ebay seller:
Quote:
Hello Shane.Thank you for your order. The filter you have received while not the same as the photo is supplied by Magneifine. The filter in the photo is no longer available from Magnefine.Sorry the photo has not been updated. Not a problem to return for a full refund.

Originally Posted By: WhizkidTN
I've been in contact with Magnefine's US based sales group. They stopped production and are moving their production to the States and will begin making their updated filter case out of metal with a new design due to cheap Chinese knockoffs. In the meantime, they are sourcing the Filtran filter to their customers until the production source is back up and running. They said it would be the end of April before that happened.

I'm not in need of a filter at the moment, so I'd be glad to wait until the new product is available.

Built in the USA good deal! I'll wait also I need to get two trans filters.

I'll give USA made Magnefines to my car friends this Christmas. GOTTA buy USA if you can find the product that meets your needs.
Gotta buy local too.

By the way, what is Magnefine's website address?

Originally Posted By: WhizkidTN
.......will begin making their updated filter case out of metal with a new design ..........They said it would be the end of April before that happened........

Sounds interesting. Maybe the new metal case will have a replaceable
filter element?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back