Looking at Used 2015 Fusion / Need pricing advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, my 2007 Mazda 3 has finally reached the point where it doesn't make any sense to keep dumping money into it. Needs about $900 worth of suspension work, a new AC condenser, and after 175,000 miles the clutch is starting to slightly slip. Car is only worth around $1200-$1500.

I found a 2015 Fusion that came off a 2 year lease and has about 22,000 miles on it. Asking price is almost $17,000. What would you guys walk in and offer for this (link below)?

Ford Fusion

That's $14,500 private party and maybe $16k average retail before any taxes, etc.

I think I'd offer them $15k OTD, have my financing/check ready to go.

They probably have $12-13k in real money in the car if they took it in on trade.

If you are trading the Mazda, then your car plus $13,500 in cash or financed, assuming your value of $1500 is real for your car.

Not sure I'd trade, just buy their car and sell the Mazda privately, disclosing the dirty details.

Originally Posted By: AZjeff
Edmunds calls it $16,670 in my zip code if it's a Ford CPO. Nice car, do you think the 1.5L is good for 175K like you Mazda?

I put in the dealers ZIP in MI. I may have missed an option or two. Few cars rate excellent, so gave the next rating.

If it's Ford CPO, then add about $700 to the prices I gave.

I don't recall if the dealer listing indicated CPO or not.

The bottom line is, it's hard to drop your offer. It's the end of the month, they might just take a crazy cash offer. What's the worst they could do, say no?

Originally Posted By: AZjeff
Edmunds calls it $16,670 in my zip code if it's a Ford CPO. Nice car, do you think the 1.5L is good for 175K like you Mazda?

I'm seeing the same on Edmunds. I'll probably drive it 3 years and then give it to my daughter when she turns 16. The miles should slow down at that point (I have a long commute).

No, I'm not going to trade in the Mazda. I'll probably sell it privately or donate it to Purple Heart.

Also, Ford is offering 1.9% for 66 months on CPO Fusions. I'll still pay it off after 2 or 3 years though.

Javacontour is on the right path here, and his numbers seem right on, as far as I'm concerned. I used to work at a Ford dealership, many years ago, as a salesman, and I got pretty familiar with pricing tactics.

Offer what Java suggests, and you should be good.

For what it's worth, at least here in Phoenix, I can get a brand new '17 Fusion SE in the same color, with the same engine/trans for about $23,800.. before rebates.. So $17k for a 2-yo one with 22k miles seems a tad high... at least for Phx pricing. Not sure how Mich pricing compares..

It was just announced today that Ford is issuing a recall for several models, one of which is the Fusion. I don't have the details, but I'd find out the details before buying a car that is potentially subject to a recall.

Originally Posted By: antonmnster
Are those transmissions really that bad?

As far as the airbag, just don't crash ;-)

Regarding how bad the Ford Duel Clutch tranys are, some people only get 30K miles out of them, while others get over 120K miles from them. They are expensive to repair and require special tools to remove, another set of special tools to dis-assemble, another set of special tools to re-assemble, and another set of special tools to re-install. Some people have them buck and not accelerate smoothly, and some do not like the way they shift. I have never owned or driven one, but there are many bad stories on the internet about them. There is a class action lawsuit against Ford regarding the Duel Clutch tranys, and even though Ford has many millions of dollars invested in the development and manufacturing of those transmissions it now looks like they will no longer be putting them in their vehicles.

Originally Posted By: FordBroncoVWJeta
Brand new Jetta's are 14K. Just saying....

I think some people will be crossing VW off their lists for the pollution/software defeat scandle.

Just sayin.....

I'm guessing that's a pretty stripped down model compared to the LOADED Fusion in the OP.

Originally Posted By: CKN

I think some people will be crossing VW off their lists for the pollution/software defeat scandle.

Just sayin.....
Yawn. GM has actually killed people but VW gets all the hate. Pollution/software? Did you drive a car from the 1900-1999? I guarantee you those cars had a ton more pollution... Nice try EPA!

Originally Posted By: CKN

Just sayin.....

I was actually pretty pleased with VW. The way I see it, they gave the finger to a branch of government that has way too much power to begin with... all while making their cars more powerful and efficient.

Quote:

they gave the finger to a branch of government that has way too much power to begin with ... all while making their cars more powerful and efficient.

considering the $4.3 billions in fines as a result of the scandal, more of a Pyrrhic victory if you ask me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back