Fram COR3614TLE cut open

Status
Not open for further replies.
FRAM Core is a Wal Mart exclusive branding for their service centers, as someone else mentioned previously. As for whether or not the correct oil was used Wal Mart has on average 16 different bulk oils in their service centers to meet current specs so there is a pretty good chance that the oil was correct for the vehicle, assuming that the customer and service writer were on the same page and such.

Originally Posted By: blupupher
Not sure if WM will have it's own brand Fram filter.

The Champ made e-core WM TLE Core filters are being replaced with Fram Extra Guard as supply runs out. They still have the 'grippy' orange surface as the Champs and have the same TLE Core sticker on them, but they are actually Orange Frams in "core" clothing.

I’m thinking that Walmart puts the oil type on the change sticker... TLE will also use the bottled oil from stock. There is a reasonable chance it had the correct oil...

Still, now you know whats in it.

Originally Posted By: FordBroncoVWJeta
Originally Posted By: Dylan1303
Originally Posted By: bubbatime
That is a Walmart exclusive tire and lube express oil change filter. The last time it had its oil changed was at WalMart. I would be interested to know if they used the correct specific oil.
the rules at walmart is you have to get the oil weight on your oil cap if it doesnt have a weight you can get any oil change you want. Youd be surprised on how many people get the 20$ quaker oil change in there euro car.
I also doubt that. VW also says 5w-30 is acceptable but would rather have 5w-40. Even if they did a 5w-40 i bet it isnt the right stuff.

If they did pour in 5w40, it might be the right stuff, since it's either Castrol 5w40 which is the dealership fill which meets 502.00, or close enough is a HDEO like Shell RT6 or Chevron Delo 400 LE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back