Who here has the highest mileage Corolla?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Smokescreen
I only have 211K miles (337Kkm) on mine....still runs as good as the day I got it...still returning better than EPA ratings.

It's just getting broken in...what year is it?

Dang, I only have 191,000 miles on my 94.

My plan is to take it to 300K, but it's already been totaled twice. I'm guessing another good wreck will kill it (or me...)

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT

My plan is to take it to 300K, but it's already been totaled twice. I'm guessing another good wreck will kill it (or me...)

I would say getting wrecked is probably the #1 reason all Corollas don't make it to 300K and beyond...

Originally Posted By: grampi
Originally Posted By: Drew99GT

I would say getting wrecked is probably the #1 reason all Corollas don't make it to 300K and beyond...

While its cruel, I have to laugh at this, with all the "Toyota Driver" memes you see on the interwebs
crazy.gif

Originally Posted By: Smokescreen
I only have 211K miles (337Kkm) on mine....still runs as good as the day I got it...still returning better than EPA ratings.

It's just getting broken in...what year is it?

I saw a guy trade in a 2003 Tacoma V6 PreRunner on a new one with 627k on the odometer, everything was still original in it too. Mostly highway miles, maintained accordingly, driven gently and taken care of.

Off topic I know, but this is one of many reasons I have a Tacoma, best darn trucks ever made as far as I'm concerned!

Originally Posted By: jongies3
I saw a guy trade in a 2003 Tacoma V6 PreRunner on a new one with 627k on the odometer, everything was still original in it too. Mostly highway miles, maintained accordingly, driven gently and taken care of.

Off topic I know, but this is one of many reasons I have a Tacoma, best darn trucks ever made as far as I'm concerned!

To be fair. I've seen several 4.3L GM S-series & 2.3L Ford Rangers reach that kind of mileage with lax maintenance & a ton of city miles.....Driven by company employees the don't give a $hit.

Not to mention all the domestic 2500 & 3500 trucks hauling 10,000 pound trailers everyday for 300,000 miles with the original engine, transmission, & differential.

Originally Posted By: clinebarger

To be fair. I've seen several 4.3L GM S-series & 2.3L Ford Rangers reach that kind of mileage with lax maintenance & a ton of city miles.....Driven by company employees the don't give a $hit.

Not to mention all the domestic 2500 & 3500 trucks hauling 10,000 pound trailers everyday for 300,000 miles with the original engine, transmission, & differential.

No doubt domestic pickups are well built vehicles...I doubt though you'll see many 300K mile domestic compacts...

Originally Posted By: zzyzzx
I would ba asking this question on Toyotanation.

Several people have had their cluster replaced due to it getting stuck at 299,999. Some never replaced it and keep driving. There are a ton of Corollas out there over 200k. Corolla engine and transmissions are very well built, at least the 9th gens. We gave our 9th gen away with 145k. New owners wrecked it shortly after.

Last edited by a moderator:
Put over 300K miles on my 2005 4.6 Crown Vic. It was a rental car for 20K miles before I bought it.

It was mostly highway miles constantly going from Miami-NYC. Still had original tranny and engine. Used no oil between OCI's. Only major work was a/c and that was at 180K miles. Sold it for 2500 bucks a few months ago [everything worked perfectly] and the owner I sold it to actually called me a couple of weeks ago to tell me he loves it. He is using the same independent mechanic I used. It was the best vehicle I ever owned.

BTW used Mobil 1 5w20 with Motorcraft filters.

I just bought a 2014 Corolla 6MT with 132k miles last month. I’ve already put 2k miles on it and it still runs great. Previous owner did 5k mile OCI using whatever 0W-20 oil that the lube shop had. Nothing has been replaced other than new tires and a battery.

There is one 11th gen Corolla owner at the Toyotanation forum with 309k miles on his 2014 Corolla with an automatic transmission. His three prior Corollas (‘98, ‘06, & ‘10) each had 227k, 456k, and 329k miles before they were either totalled or given away. He only did 15k mile OCI with routine maintenance and had only 2 alternators and a wheel bearing replaced for all four. He’s a courier and has only been using Corollas with auto transmissions.

I’m hoping that mine lasts just as long as I plan to hang on to it for the next 7 years. I only rack around 10-12k miles per year.

Last edited:
My first Corolla was a 1978 1600 Automatic that I put 311k miles on, and I didn't baby it.
Aside from careful maintenance and replacement of maintenance related items, I only had to replace two water pumps and a heater core, and I had to remove the catalytic converter. The automatic and engine were never touched. My wife made me get rid of it because it looked awful and she didn't want it in our driveway anymore, but it still ran and drove good. I gave it to a friend who couldn't afford to buy a car for his 16yo son when he got his license. He drove it for another year before running it into a parked car and totaling it, and even then, it still ran.
To understand how impressive this car was from a durability/longevity perspective, at that time, it was considered to be a major accomplishment if you got a car to last beyond 100k miles, and the oil of the day wasn't that good. This specific car convinced my whole family and all of my friends to buy Toyotas, most of whom still own Toyotas today and swear by them.
All of the other Toyotas I have owned over the years have ALL lasted beyond 200k miles before being totaled by one of my kids or my wife. Admittedly, where I live cars don't rust, so this has obviously been a contributing factor to their longevity.

Last edited:
My buddy bought my '03 a few years back and still has it, only around 165K on it. But for being 15 years old it surprises me that its had zero repairs at all. Great cars, super easy to work on.

I had a geo chevy prizmrolla with 230k. Interior door handle broke but new ones are only $5 on ebay... like they have some economy of scale going.
lol.gif

All parts for that car were under $20:

o2 sensor $15
valve cover gasket $5
Pair sway bar end links $11
Roll of ni-copp brake line $19
Can of bondo-glas $8
thermostat $10
Oil filter $.75

I could have gotten tires last summer for $9 each as well but I didn't have the car then. Cheap to fix, cheap to run. Still had oomph to the 1ZZFE motor.

Originally Posted By: clinebarger

No doubt domestic pickups are well built vehicles...I doubt though you'll see many 300K mile domestic compacts...

I've seen plenty of high mile Cavaliers.

Originally Posted By: Silverado12

But that doesn't count. You're talking about a car that by the late 90s was outdated with little more than cosmetic changes. However it was proven technology and the car was reliable, cheap to run and maintain. GM was highly criticized for this and the Buick lineup.

Now with Toyota it's totally different. Corolla is a 15-20 year old technology with mostly cosmetic changes, but it's reliable, cheap to run and maintain. Don't you see the difference man?

Originally Posted By: KrisZ

But that doesn't count. You're talking about a car that by the late 90s was outdated with little more than cosmetic changes. However it was proven technology and the car was reliable, cheap to run and maintain. GM was highly criticized for this and the Buick lineup.

Now with Toyota it's totally different. Corolla is a 15-20 year old technology with mostly cosmetic changes, but it's reliable, cheap to run and maintain. Don't you see the difference man?

I do now LOL.

Originally Posted By: KrisZ

crackmeup2.gif
Nicely done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back