New supertech brand Lucas in my local Walmart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whether it's the same stuff inside the bottle as Lucas, who knows..

.. but the bottle certainly looks very close. I wonder if they just decided to buy different bottles due to lower cost, or just to target people who like the Lucas bottle.

Different color oil inside. But similar viscosity and states the same benefits as the Lucas. I didn't use it as I have other preferred additives when I decide to use them, so unfortunately I can't talk about if it does anything.

Very interesting... FWIW, when I used to mess around with additives, lucas was one of the only ones that appealed to my "butt dyno", fwiw...

Not saying it did anything, certainly no idea about cleaning... But it did create a feel somehow that differed. In two different 4 cyl vehicles.

But this could be the same or vastly different. If WPP gives an MSDS that shows a dose of PEA, who knows, it could be a good alternative for the tcw3 crowd...

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Very interesting... FWIW, when I used to mess around with additives, lucas was one of the only ones that appealed to my "butt dyno", fwiw...

Not saying it did anything, certainly no idea about cleaning... But it did create a feel somehow that differed. In two different 4 cyl vehicles.

But this could be the same or vastly different. If WPP gives an MSDS that shows a dose of PEA, who knows, it could be a good alternative for the tcw3 crowd...

This is why I would LOVE to have the money to conduct test cell analysis for wear, deposits, cleaning and NVH of different oils and additives.
banana2.gif

Originally Posted By: Boss302fan
Probably the same [censored] that is in the Lucas bottle...

I recently saw this at my local wallyworld. I can't say for sure it is or that it is not, but I will say that the SuperTech brand is a different color and viscosity than the Lucas. The Lucas seemed to be a bit thicker. The treat rate is stated as the same. I bought it and will use it in place of my normal TCW-3...but just because I wanted the bottle ;-)

They have a whole new line of ST products that copy others now. There is this UCL, they have a ST Lucas oil stabilizer, ST seafoam, etc.

Idk if the formulations are the same, but I know that the packaging is lol

Just for fun from the SDS for each chemical...

Lucas:
Petroleum Distillates, Hydrotreated heavy Paraffinic - 60%-100%

Super Tech:
Petroleum Distillates, Hydrotreated heavy Paraffinic - 80%-100%
Solvent Naphtha (petroleum), light aromatic - Cumene -
Cumene is a solvent, and also component in high octane fuels from what I have found...

Armor All / STP products is the responsible party for SuperTech

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Bgallagher
Skip them both and get something with PEA.

I just bought a bottle of this and the label lists PEA as an ingredient. You can smell that unmistakable nasty fishyness so it must have a decent % of it as well.

Originally Posted By: brave sir robin

I just bought a bottle of this and the label lists PEA as an ingredient. You can smell that unmistakable nasty fishyness so it must have a decent % of it as well.

Interesting. I would be curious what the % is. That being said I would still go with the usual suspects. Techron, Redline, Gumout etc.

Originally Posted By: brave sir robin

It lists "polyolefin alkyl amines". PEA is polyetheramine. I don't know what the difference is between the two. Picked up another bottle of the Supertech stuff to use as a ucl though.

Originally Posted By: BobFout
Where did you guys find the MSDS for it?

Nevermind, got my answer. I bought some today and it lists polyolefin alkyl amine on the back (but not on the MSDS). And I found the MSDS based on the UPC. (Supertech with a space in the name is how it's listed, among other supertech products
crazy2.gif
and in addition to the supertech products listed with no space)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back