ACDelco full synthetic or Valvoline synpower

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just purchased that at my local dealer, very recently. I was told that bottle replaced the mobil super typeasy. I guess this is the big disadvantage of using an oil that is not a name brand, you truly never know what you're getting

dexos1_Gen2_logo_black.jpg

I'm surprised it doesn't have this new logo.

The new AcDelco synthetic is actually blended by Conoco Phillips, not Mobil. Same applies for the Motorcraft syn blend. They have a newer style bottle that looks like this now.

81IW-SOajKL._SY550_.jpg

My GM dealer told me today the part # of the latest ACDelco full synthetic is 88865635, which is different from the part number on that bottle, so who really knows LOL the part number I just posted above shows a traditional ExxonMobil type bottle. Did you find anything online confirming that CP is now the new blender?

Originally Posted By: KCJeep
Originally Posted By: PimTac
"Napa Synthetic is rebranded Synpower."

This same poster keeps repeating this even though it's not entirely true. Ashland makes the Napa oil but it's not Synpower. That makes no business sense whatsoever.

Exactly! That false statement simply refuses to die on here. It makes no business sense whatsoever for Valvoline to fire sale their top tier oil, and if you look closely at the spec's it is clear that Synpower uses better base stocks than the Napa.

The Napa is a fine synthetic house brand, is indeed made by Ashland/Valvoline and uses a similar add pack, but it simply is NOT rebranded Synpower.

Actually Ashland does not make Valvoline anymore. Ashland spun off Valvoline as a separate company via IPO last year.

Originally Posted By: PimTac
You are correct. It's Valvoline. Ashland is sticking with chemicals and such. Thanks for the reminder.

Wonder if this means any formula changes for Valvoline oils?

Originally Posted By: NHRATA
My GM dealer told me today the part # of the latest ACDelco full synthetic is 88865635, which is different from the part number on that bottle, so who really knows LOL the part number I just posted above shows a traditional ExxonMobil type bottle. Did you find anything online confirming that CP is now the new blender?

That bottle you posted above is actually the same style bottle as ConocoPhillips trop arctic. Look up any newer Acura/Honda 0w20 blend or Kendall GT-1 and it is the same style bottle except in silver color. The new Phillips 66 bottles are the same as the image I posted above and the new Ford motorcraft bottles.

Phillips 66 Lubricants

This is correct, that part number is the Mobil/Exxon.

If that AC Delco full syn is indeed a Conoco/Phillips product, it has potential to be some really good stuff. The UOA's their affordable syn-blends have posted here are impressive.

Originally Posted By: NASTI

That bottle you posted above is actually the same style bottle as ConocoPhillips trop arctic. Look up any newer Acura/Honda 0w20 blend or Kendall GT-1 and it is the same style bottle except in silver color. The new Phillips 66 bottles are the same as the image I posted above and the new Ford motorcraft bottles.

Phillips 66 Lubricants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back