So I used the Ford Quick lane for the first time .

Status
Not open for further replies.
... And they charged me more than advertised!

Brought my 2004 Hyundai Sonata to them with the $39.99 "The Works" coupon and they charged me $50.25 because the car 'doesn't use standard Ford oil'; they put MotorCraft 10W-30 into it. IF I get the $15 rebate it brings it to a more manageable $35.25 with an oil change and tire rotation. They did find my rear brakes need replacement - going to my mechanic for that so maybe not a total loss.

It did only take about an hour and I have been in that long at Jiffy Lube when they rotate the tires. I also believe they said once I get 4 oil changes the 5th one is free ... I'll see how it goes when my new Edge goes in for an oil change eventually (about 57% life left on OLM). It takes 6 quarts so I am assuming it'll be an up charge as well.

I didn't think to ask before hand ... I learned a lesson today!

Sounds like [censored]. The QL here charges $25 without rotation but the same price you mentioned with rotation and inspection. I've always been charged the same rate for 0w20, 5w20 and 5w30 syn-blend oils. I do verify price up front esp if I bring in another dealer coupon and ask them to match it. Which they generally do and brings the price down to $20 and change. I still get the inspection as well. I get free rotations elsewhere.

One time I asked if they could do the 0w20 syn-blend which they had in bottles. No extra charge and yes that is what they really used since I had a UOA done and posted it on here. I later learned that oil is exclusive for the CMax hybrid. So wouldn't use that again since it's light in the additive dept.

Does it say 10w30 on the oil cap?

Last edited:
That dealer is a moron. The oil change quick lube operation is supposed to bring customers in. They drove you away! They should have eaten whatever minor additional cost they paid for oil (10w30? c'mon!) and given you free coffee, wifi, and honored the coupon.

Love these bash (Dealers, Quick Lube Place,etc.) threads.

Now let's all join hands and sing Queen's "WE are the Champions......

One time it took an HOUR there, but that was a mid morning on a Monday which is a busier time for them.

I gave them the coupon up front so I just assumed (you know what they say about assuming!) it was $39.99 with a rebate. If I get the $15 rebate I'll take my Edge there to see how much it is next time as I would like to stay away from Jiffy Lube. The service adviser was having issues with inputting the rebate and when I got home I tried as well and it wouldn't take - this dealer is not the same dealer I bought the car from and the other dealer put me into Ford's system. I also am supposed to get a $10 credit towards service so the next oil change will be kind of cheap between the rebate, $10 and whatever extra they threw on for having service done today.

When he told me about the brakes they gave me a price of more than what the brake coupon was and their answer was - you need new rotors. Like I said I'll be going to a mechanic who has been taking care of my cars other than oil changes ... I may have to do that as well but I just hate waiting around forever to get oil changed. From what I've gathered replacing rotors is the norm now vs cutting so it is what it is if my mechanic feels I need new rotors.

At this point the oil change in this car will probably only get 2000 miles if that before it's time for another one, but I did want to test the waters at Ford.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
An hour in the "quick lane"?

I wouldn't be going back.

I've been about an hour at Jiffy Lube when they rotate the tires. I've also been out in 15 Minutes at Jiffy lube. I have also waited hours at a Goodyear for my company car ... not bad getting paid and surfing the net.

I'd be a little grumpy that they didn't tell me up front that I wouldn't be paying $39.99 plus tax and fees. But I get annoyed when a car calling for 4 qts is as much as one calling for 5, but they don't eat the 6th quart for larger sumps and call it even, so I'm probably not the best person to be deciding what's acceptable.

Originally Posted By: CKN

Thats cause lots of idiot employees at dealerships.

I sent to QL once. Gave them the coupon up front and was told I would be getting a rebate. Needles to say it never arrived. Contacted dealership and they said I wasn't in the system. Plus, they used 5W20 when my car at the time used 5W30 or 10W30. Ugh!

It's pretty much cheaper around here to slap on a new pair of rotors than to have them resurfaced.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice

And I was wondering about the logic of taking a Hyundai to a "Ford Quick Lane"!

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
FWIW we don't keep 10w30 in bulk. Actually right now I only have diesel 10W30 in stock.

So if I brought my Chrysler in to the quick lube, that calls for 10W30 only, what oil would they put in?

Around here the Ford quick lube WANTS other makes and models to come in for oil changes. I've never used them personally, but I did use them for maintenance on the police car.

I was gonna ask why you were on this site complaining about any kind of quick lube place, but then I see you're from NJ. I had to show a lady from NJ how to pump gas the other day. What CAN you do in NJ?

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice

When I got a new to us Ford Edge I went to the Ford website and saw they work on other brands as well which was new to me.

Here's the logic - Cars need oil changes, quick lubes places change oil, Quick Lane changes oil for all brands per them, MotorCraft oil is pretty good per this site, for about the same price for just an oil change as Jiffy Lube I get a tire rotation which is an extra service at Jiffy Lube and it was supposed to be about the same price as bringing my car to Jiffy Lube ($39.99).

My options for changing oil are - me doing it which is not happening; my mechanic doing the change but that means either dropping off the car and picking it up after work or going there on Saturday and hoping I'm number 1 or 2 in line to get out quickly and last but the best solution for me is to go to a quick lube place.

My only complaint was charging me extra for the oil. I accept it took an hour to do an oil change, inspect the vehicle and rotate the tires. I guess some people can do all that in 15 minutes.

This thread perfectly describes the "WalMart" or "I want it cheap and I want it now" mentality. Of course when something goes wrong, they will be the first ones to crucify the offending party and wonder why a master tech did not personally work on their vehicle, all for $39.99.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back