Everglide EGS Oil Additive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone heard of or used Everglide EGS Synthetic Engine Oil Additive? It uses a nano based moly-graphene technology. I seen it on Amazon. I did some reading on it. The synthetic product is supposed to have a group 5 base stock. The little bit of information you can get on moly-graphene is sounds very interesting and promising as a friction/wear reducer. Any thoughts? Or experiences with this product?

Quote:
I did some reading on it. The synthetic product is supposed to have a group 5 base stock.

References?

I would guess it increases MPGs, extends the engines life, lowers emissions, reduces oil burning, and cleans the engine all for $23.99. Those claims are what every snake oil advertises.

Originally Posted By: CT8
I would guess it increases MPGs, extends the engines life, lowers emissions, reduces oil burning, and cleans the engine all for $23.99. Those claims are what every snake oil advertises.

I'LL TAKE THREE.

Originally Posted By: MolaKule
Quote:
I did some reading on it. The synthetic product is supposed to have a group 5 base stock.

References?

http://www.everglideoil.com/everglide-synthetic @ the bottom under technical specifications. There is information available about moly-graphene if you Google it.
I am just a novice. I seen this product and it looks interesting. I was curious if there was anything to the application of moly-graphene technology.

Originally Posted By: Donald
Stick with quality synthetic oil. Forget additives.

Donald---save yourself some time, put the above post in your sig

Originally Posted By: PolarisX
Originally Posted By: CT8

I'LL TAKE THREE.
Take 6, they're small.

I hate to say it but I bought a bottle. It was $15 after my credits from my Amazon CC. I bought my car back in November and went for my first oil change in March 2017. The oil is Valvoline High Mileage. I have a Infiniti G37s, the car had 158k when I bought it, now almost 164k. The car was feeling more sluggish and I decided to get the oil changed.

I usually use synthetics. There are gaskets on the Infiniti that have isses, those being the VCG and the rear timing gasket. I called Infiniti to find out what they used. They said just Semi-Syn. They suggested that the tolerances weren't made for Synthetic. I would rather use semi-syn and not risk the chance of having to replace the rear gasket (Around 2k). The new oil change didn't really make a difference. It felt as bad if not worse with the new oil. I was tempted to buy this stuff for a few months. Told this friend of mine who said that I was silly and would probably buy it.

I got the Everglide and figured I would put in around 3oz, since they recommend .7oz per qt. My car has 5 1/8 qts. I checked my oil levels and it appeared that it was in the middle of the stick, I figured it was safe to put in some prob 1 1/2 oz. I did and soon after noticed a bit of a difference. I checked the oil level again and decided to add the other part, I hadn't before.

I hate to say it, but the car feels better. When I got the new oil change, the car felt like I had to downshift to get the acceleration I wanted. Now, I can goose the throttle a bit and without downshifting, the car will accelerate. The car feels a little quieter. I expected it to be [censored], I have used oil additives before, like MOS, which didn't seem to make a difference.

I haven't even put a comment on Amazon yet. I want to give it more time. I have had it in about a week. When I first put it in, I was driving in town, didn't notice a positive change in MPG, but they car felt much more fun. During the week, I have been driving 90% highway and getting 24 mpg, which is an improvement. Perhaps I would have the same change with a synthetic, I have been interested in trying Schaefers 9000 which is a full syn. The best syn I have used is Amsoil Signature.

Part of me didn't want it to work, because then it would prove that it is all snake oil. Part of me wanted it to work, because if it didn't, I wasted $15. The recommendations on Amazon sound fake. I am for real, I was on Bimmerforums and am now on myg37.com.

I bought some too. My Jeep is a quieter on start up. I did see a bump in MPG. I was averaging 19.1 and the last two tanks have been 21.1 and 20.9. I have the same basic route to and from work and same route after work. It has been in for a few weeks now.

Everglide user here. I'm on my third bottle and pretty much it made my driving experience a lot more pleasant. It's true, it does its job in making my car run quieter and it has enhanced my acceleration as it is running a lot smoother now. Was doubtful of it at first but the oil analysis that they have conducted and them being an established oil treatment used in the freight and marine industry compelled me to try it. No regrets. I am very happy with it!

Originally Posted By: Tim83
Everglide user here. I'm on my third bottle and pretty much it made my driving experience a lot more pleasant. It's true, it does its job in making my car run quieter and it has enhanced my acceleration as it is running a lot smoother now. Was doubtful of it at first but the oil analysis that they have conducted and them being an established oil treatment used in the freight and marine industry compelled me to try it. No regrets. I am very happy with it!

Do you have a link to this?

Oil analysis information can be found on the Everglide Oil website. Products -> Oil treatments -> synthetic treatment.

Originally Posted By: TurboJim
Oil analysis information can be found on the Everglide Oil website. Products -> Oil treatments -> synthetic treatment.

OK well I went where you said to go and there isn't anything I can find. Just marketing stuff and a link to buy. If it's there I'm missing it.

Originally Posted By: kschachn
Originally Posted By: TurboJim

OK well I went where you said to go and there isn't anything I can find. Just marketing stuff and a link to buy. If it's there I'm missing it.

Under the large photo of the bottle / box is a second photo. Click on the arrows (to scroll the graphics) until you get to the Field Trial of a 2012 VW GTI.

I have been doing fuel and combustion research for well over thirty years. There does seem to be something to this everglide. See this link

http://www.anl.gov/articles/graphene-lay...-steel-surfaces

It might be interesting to consider that the internal combustion engine in all of it's forms was never designed or intended with emission controls in mind. They were an after-thought. And while they do reduce vehicle emissions. It does not come without cost and consequences. One only needs to see the intake valve problems on GDI engines to get an understanding of this. Anybody here familiar with the Petroleum Quality Institute of America? PQIA? I actually like them better than the API. Earlier this year my research put me in contact with an oil testing lab that did a whole lot of oil volatility testing.I asked one of the Phd guys there, "If you were king for a day and could set the oil volatility limits where ever you wanted, where would you set them?" He said " as low as possible, the lower the volatility the better the oil." I find it interesting to note that as good as the engineering has gotten with respect to the IC engine. The majority of the engine oil makers have not followed suite. When one looks at the volatility numbers on the oils tested by the PQIA. One can actually understand why Redline, HPL, Neo,
Amsoil and MPT cost what they do.(Knowing this they sound like a deal to me) But it appears that they are worth it.

When oil mists in the crankcase gets sucked up by the PCV system and finally gets redeposited all over the intake tract turning it into flypaper. Well the oils that are being sold and their standards need to be reviewed. Especially when catch cans are being peddled as the answer. So we are turning the intake system into flypaper unknowingly. Now lets add EGR- flies to flypaper. Presto, now just add customer duty cycle. dirty/carboned engine , lousy drivability

How many engine oil manufacturers do you think actually publish the volatility numbers on the package of oil they are selling you?

Originally Posted By: drfuelinstein
I have been doing fuel and combustion research for well over thirty years. There does seem to be something to this everglide.

Where do you work, and what sort of research do you do exactly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back