Engine bay detail

Status
Not open for further replies.
I performed a quick detail on the Camry tonight. Would like to see others engine bay details. What do you all use? How often do you perform a engine bay detail?

Looks good. What did you use?? I've never detailed the engine compartment of my lady's 98 Camry. This does look nice indeed. Energizer battery?? Who makes them I wonder ??

Degreaser and a shine spray product. Degreaser is applied and allowed to set for a few mins before rinsing heavily. I then use a air compressor and blow dry the engine bay. I then allow a little more time to dry then spray the shine product and let if set in for awhile before driving.

I think Johnson Control makes Energizer Car Batteries. But I did get it at Sams.

Last edited:
I love a good engine bay detail. I used to use a product called CD2 engine bay detailer but it seems it is no longer available. I now wash the engine with a light foaming engine cleaner and water and follow up with a nice coating of 303 aerospace conditioner. Looks good. Mostly cause my engine is covered in plastic.

mazda by JOHN, on Flickr

Looks great. I am guilty of being a little lax with my own cars. The mechanics car is always the last one to get fixed.

This is one I did on a Honda I repaired and sold. I used VLR after a thorough cleaning with krud kutter

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: E150GT
Heres another of my wife's car. I opened the hood and got anxiety and had to clean it even though I hate that car so much. I think it turned out great.
This is painful to look at by JOHN, on Flickr

The fruit of thy labor. by JOHN, on Flickr

Im freaking on the first picture. I could never ever let that happen to one of mine lol nice after picture

Originally Posted By: Trav
Looks great. I am guilty of being a little lax with my own cars. The mechanics car is always the last one to get fixed.

This is one I did on a Honda I repaired and sold. I used VLR after a thorough cleaning with krud kutter

Looks like it came off the showroom

I cant say how long the 303 lasts to be honest. I know i learned I like washing and then I take my leaf blower and dry the engine bay real good. I then soak a rag in the 303 and lightly wipe everything because it tends to goop up in hard to reach places that accumulate too much of it.

I dont have a before and after engine bay but I do have a full inside detail I performed of a recent trade in at the dealership I work at.

Before

After

Originally Posted By: Brolly
I dont have a before and after engine bay but I do have a full inside detail I performed of a recent trade in at the dealership I work at.

how can anyone let their car get that filthy? Also how can anyone trade that in? I'd be embarrassed. When I used to smoke I would smoke in my old mazda 3 and it would look like it snowed in there Then the ashes would get ground into the uphostery and look terrible. It drove me crazy enough to stop smoking in there and then quit eventually. Not because of me, but because of my car. sad, I know.

I cant say how long the 303 lasts to be honest. I know i learned I like washing and then I take my leaf blower and dry the engine bay real good. I then soak a rag in the 303 and lightly wipe everything because it tends to goop up in hard to reach places that accumulate too much of it.

Im guessing its in a spray form? Pretty quick dry time? Have you tried it on the tires and if so there any flinging from the tires onto the car?

I've always degreased and cleaned the engine bay in the trucks but didn't bother to use a protectant or detailer. I'm worried about dirt clinging to the surfaces making it look much more worse.

3qDAcp1.jpg

how can anyone let their car get that filthy? Also how can anyone trade that in? I'd be embarrassed. When I used to smoke I would smoke in my old mazda 3 and it would look like it snowed in there Then the ashes would get ground into the uphostery and look terrible. It drove me crazy enough to stop smoking in there and then quit eventually. Not because of me, but because of my car. sad, I know.

You have no idea what people leave in the car. Floor covered in trash, toys, money, glasses, ammo, 17 air freshener trees on the dash, food who knows how old, cds and jewelry.

Im guessing its in a spray form? Pretty quick dry time? Have you tried it on the tires and if so there any flinging from the tires onto the car?

Yes its spray form. It wont sling everywhere. I imagine it would work great for tires although I dont think it would keep its looks very long.

Originally Posted By: Kibitoshin
I've always degreased and cleaned the engine bay in the trucks but didn't bother to use a protectant or detailer. I'm worried about dirt clinging to the surfaces making it look much more worse.

3qDAcp1.jpg

Man Im loving seeing these nice clean engine bays nicely done Kibitoshin

What I have noticed with the protective spray is yes you see dirt when it does show up but all you do is spray it off with water and ur good no need to spray the product everytime. The degreaser usually wont take it off unless you leave it on for a long time.

Originally Posted By: Kibitoshin

3qDAcp1.jpg

nice brake fluid. Ive opened a lot of hoods of people's cars and seen what looks like coffee in the reservoir. On my truck, the reservoir was so dirty I just replaced it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back