Mazda PE01-14-302A-MV used cut open 7,779 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Changed my oil today at 29,963 miles on car and 7,779 miles on this OCI. This is the first mazda filter I've cut open. This is the one made in Mexico by what I believe to be Wix.Too bad I didnt get to cut open the japanes tokyo roki version before they discontinured them.
20170312_153824_resized by JOHN, on Flickr

Louvers here are pretty small I think.
20170312_153834_resized by JOHN, on Flickr

Pleats are nice. No tears. I did notice a little bit of fibers coming off of it. Very small amount.
20170312_153849_resized by JOHN, on Flickr

20170312_153856_resized by JOHN, on Flickr

Not sure what this plastic piece is for under the threads. It didnt leak but it wasnt pliable. it was rather hard. The top plate is heavy. I would say heavier than the media.
20170312_154003_resized by JOHN, on Flickr

Very nice pictures
smile.gif

Thank you

The ring is to seal the filter element to the base plate, otherwise oil would want to bypass there. Normally the adbv is doing that function.

Originally Posted By: mjoekingz28
I don't think I have ever spotted an oil bottle with the donut on the obverse.

the what verse?

Very nice looking filter there, OP, thanks for the C&P! I normally use the Japanese PE01-14-302A and I was able to stock up on them a little before they were discontinued, but since they are basically no longer available I'm glad to know the -MV version is also very robust! I won't hesitate to use them once I run out of the Japanese-made ones.

Originally Posted By: E150GT
...This is the one made in Mexico by what I believe to be Wix...

FYI, the -MV may or may not be made by Wix but it is most definitely NOT the same filter as the Wix 57002/Napa 7002.
- The PE01-14-302A-MV filters have the seal between the filter element and base plate (as shown above), where the Wix 57002 does not.
- The -MV has a different outer shell design (slightly larger diamater).
- The -MV has a different base plate design.
- Just glancing at the pics above, the -MV appears to have different media than the -Wix/Napas that I've cut and observed.

I've used/cut open one of each of the Wix 57002 and NG 7002, and I have two unused -MVs in the basement.

If you want to know my opinion, I think the PE01-14-302A-MV is constructed way, way better than the Wix 57002. I did have issues (media breaches) with the first 57002 (pre-louver design) but the updated version (with louvers) had no visible problems. As expensive as the Wix versions are, I don't see the need to use them over any of the Mazda filters (though I'd still use a Wix in a pinch if necessary).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back