Forscan scan tool for Ford

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you work on Fords, check out Forscan. It is a pretty good (free) tool similar to IDS, and you can make due with a cheap obd adapter. I use the BAFX bluetooth adapter, and a small modification can be made to read the secondary CAN bus on newer Fords. I think it can program newer Fords.

The coverage is pretty amazing - and BIDIRECTIONAL - I can do things like read and set the 4X4 clutch percentage on my 96. It even works with my 95 cars, the Lincoln has tons of modules and it can read pids from all of them, including air suspension.

Most bi-directional tools are at least $1000.

It can also do PATS, but you need to register (free).

The author is also responsive if a feature is missing.

forscan.org

Last edited:
Saved me a ton of money. Reads quite a few things that Torque doesn't see. I recommend OBDLink MX Bluetooth adapter. Cheap ones will force you to spend money more than once..

Originally Posted By: Y_K
Saved me a ton of money. Reads quite a few things that Torque doesn't see. I recommend OBDLink MX Bluetooth adapter. Cheap ones will force you to spend money more than once..

+1

An excellent piece of software at twice the price

Something every FLM owner should have on hand

I downloaded the trail and it was able to connect with my bluetooth scanner.

So now that I've confirmed that it worked does that mean the advanced features with the pay program will work with my scanner?

Forscan is free on Windows and around $5 for Android, but it is Forscan Lite on Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back