Old G Oil safe to use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In our warehouse I found 4 jugs of 5w30 G Oil form the free at Walmart days. Must be 5+ years old. Stored in cool, temp controlled building Safe to use?
Thanks

Yes, I'd probably shake them up and run to 5k miles. Monitor for any consumption or odd noises, etc. No expiration date on oil.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
Yes, I'd probably shake them up and run to 5k miles. Monitor for any consumption or odd noises, etc. No expiration date on oil.

+1

Originally Posted By: JC1

+1

+2

Its very biodegradeable but that is out in the sunlight if you spill it on the ground.

in a temp controlled warehouse I'd use without issues.. however its not a long drain oil. So I wouldn't stretch it out just because "its syn"

G-oil has an expiration, it is a bio oil, not a regular hydro oil.

From a thread in 2012 about this:
Originally Posted By: cptbarkey
wow quick response. you wont like it though.

Dear Mr X.,

We do ask for all oil to be used a year from the purchased date just to ensure the product will perform at its best. The oil itself will not begin to degrade in the bottle as well over this time period, the additives however begin to settle at the one year point.

Let us know if you have any questions or concerns!

Thank you for contacting us at getG.com!

P Please consider the environment before printing this email.

That said, under the storage conditions, I would probably use it in an older vehicle or lawn equipment and do an OCI as if it were a dino oil.

I have about 5 jugs of stuff left, running it in one of my PT's. Trust me, comes out like oil, smells like oil. looks like oil LOL

Just shake the jug before you poor it.

Car runs fine, run it about 5K drains twice a year.

I asked this question years back and they replied originally 2 years and then replied back and revised it to a maximum of 5 years shelf life.

Used a FAR stash over the course of 4 years on my Jeep Wrangler and the last two changes I was having high iron wear numbers until I switch over to PUP and the iron wear went back down. Regulated the rest of the G-Oil I had to the mowers and would not use again.

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2727998

get.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back