ACDelco 41-110 plugs 2005 chevy 5.3 fitment ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ordered the above spark plugs for my 2005 Chevy 5.3, but have since discovered there has been some confusion as to whether this plug will work in my 5.3. The manual calls for a plug # 41-985 but I understand GM changed to the 41-110 iridium plugs quite a few years ago. There is still some confusion all these years later. The 41-985 plugs are NLA from what I can gather. Is anyone else familiar with this conundrum and can enlighten me on whether the 41-110 plugs will work well in my 5.3? Thanks

The 110 probably superseded the 985. Use them with confidence
smile.gif

Both are reboxed NGK Laser Iridium, except that the ACD plugs are made in West Virginia rather than Japan.

Just used these two weekends ago in my 2008 Suburban 5.3. Same plug that came out except for the numbers on the side.

Good luck with the last plug on the passenger side. Not awful to reach, but I was laying in the engine bay when I finally solved it. Truck is running great. You doing wires too?

Thanks all, HawkeyeScott, Yeah I'm dreading the RR plug for sure, and the LF is going to be a tight squeeze under the PS pump reservoir. Truck has 188,000 miles and I have owned it the last three years. I don't know how good or bad the plugs are but I just thought they might need changing as PM. The truck runs fine, and no I haven't considered changing the wires, maybe I should. I saw a trick on youtube I might try, squirting WD40 down into and around the top of the boot before trying to pull the wire off. I understand it can be a bear to get the boots off the plugs.

Hopefully the last guy used some wire grease on the boots and they'll pop off nicely. Mine were original, I'm sure, at 108k. They were challenging but not terrible. If you grease them and decide to do wires later, you'll have a simple job awaiting you.

Good luck. I had luck with that back passenger side plug by laying across the front of the engine bay (on a frame bar) and accessing the plug blindly with my right hand. I left the previous plug wire off just to have that much more room to work. I also loosened the oil dipstick tube and slid it forward. (Though your engine compartment may be somewhat different.) Know that once you're done, you won't have to mess with them again for a long time!

Date: May 21, 2013 Bulletin Number: 13D-070
To: DDG Headquarters and Branches Category: Product

Subject: ACDelco Spark Plugs 41-110 and 41-962 - Application Update

Description
ACDelco announces that 2006 and older, as well as some 2007, spark plug service applications
covered by the iridium spark plug 41-110 have moved to the platinum plug 41-962. For the
older model years, GM used a double platinum spark plug
in production, and these older
applications are to be serviced with the double platinum plug 41-962. 2007 and newer
applications used iridium plugs in production and service requirements will remain assigned to
the iridium plug 41-110
. Both plugs meet original equipment specifications for the applications
designated. Catalog changes for the Epicor and WHI systems will be updated in the June
release 2013. ACDelco recommends you begin adjusting your stocking requirements for the
41-962 in preparation of the upcoming catalog updates. The estimated sales volume split
between the two spark plugs is 50/50 based on these application changes and vehicles in your
markets.

$.02
My 5.3 LMG gets the 41-110s

^ Thanks all, Got the new ACDelco 41-110 plugs in today. I squirted WD40 into the top of the boot and gave them a little time to soak and they were still challenging, kinda like pulling teeth. The old plugs were the 41-985 OEM number, but I don't know how long they had been in. All the old plugs were OK looking, at least nothing jumped out at me. Nice light tan color, and electrodes weren't burnt. In fact the gap of the old plugs were right at 40, which is the gap spec for new plugs. Yes, the RR was the toughest to get to, but not too terrible. Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back