2016 Honda Civic 1.5T TGDI..DILUTED!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like 4,350 miles.

Can you describe your driving patterns?

Can you describe what you did just before you took this sample?

the oil level had risen through out the OCI..I drive 3k per month mostly I-system 75-85 mph..cold here obviously.

So much fuel the oil level is rising??
crazy2.gif

Seems like many DIT engines are having trouble with fuel dilution, there were discussions about a couple of 3.5l Ecoboosts recently showing signs of it in their UOAs. I think there was a possible TSB from Ford being discussed, definitely worth checking with your dealer and poking around online about something from Honda.
My oil just reeked of gas the first time I changed it myself (20kmiles in), hasn't been so bad since then...not sure if Subaru has ever changed their code to try to address fuel dilution problems in their 2.0l turbo.

Originally Posted By: rooflessVW
If your wear metals are fine and TBN is fine, what's the big deal?

I agree with this.

Originally Posted By: dishdude
So much fuel the oil level is rising??
crazy2.gif

I thought of running 0W40 for my IS when I would see the oil level rise (eyeball estimate) buy 1.5qts on the dipstick. At the same time, the new 4GR takes at 20wt, applied fuel dilution will cause a cst drop to end up much worse than in my case.
While the wear levels look ok, especially for a young engine, I'd ask the dealer if they were OK with you running a 0W16 in this engine.
Given the steady rise of fuel in oil over time, I would be uneasy running 0w20 out to 7500 mi after seeing this report.

Originally Posted By: rooflessVW
If your wear metals are fine and TBN is fine, what's the big deal?

Rising oil level could be a big deal, depending on how much exactly it has risen.

Hmmm. Not sure what's going on with this UOA. Greater than 5% dilution but, wear values TBN are good. I'd see if the lab could rerun the sample. Ed

Honda must be extinguishing LSPI with extra fuel then tolerating the fouled lubrication.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back