Ohtsu FP7000

Status
Not open for further replies.
These look like a bargain. Anyone running them? I'd get them in 205 55 16.

I have them on my bmw. Got them on ebay a year ago. Have 8k ish miles. All easy miles but doesnt look any different then new. I think their made by falken?

Yes; made by Falken. I'm also considering Nokian eNTYRE. I wonder how they compare.

They're all cheap Indonesian/Chinese/Thailand/(insert other southeast Asian country here) made tires. Most are made by another company that is owned by another company, but who wants to price their tire even cheaper. I've never run them myself (I prefer a Michelin/BFG/Yokohama/etc. sidewall, even if I have to spend extra money on it), but know lots of people that have. My buddy is a private investigator that puts about 100k a year on his work vehicle(s). He's run the gamut from Arizonian, Kumho, Falken, Ohtsu, Doral, Laufenn, etc. I've ridden in those vehicles and have seen the tire wear-- Can't say anything bad about them, they've all been 40-50k tires that wear well and perform acceptably as long as the vehicle is maintained and aligned. I don't think you can go wrong if you're trying to save a few dollars.

Originally Posted By: SirTanon
If I may make a suggestion... Have a look at Falken Azenis FK450 tires at Discount Tires Direct. Tremendous Rebates, and looks to be a pretty decent tire too. I'd be inclined to trust them over Ohtsu tires, at least.

In your size:

Definitely worth the look. All three rebates are through DTD which like DT is very good about sending prepaid cards out within a month. The only thing is that I see that the tires are out of stock in this size. Does that make a difference? Once a DTD rep told me it could be 8 weeks before out-of-stock Continental tires I was interested in would get back in stock.
frown.gif

Last edited:
Sumitomo Rubber (a Japanese company) is the parent company of both Falken and Ohtsu. They're not Michelin, Continental, Bridgestone, or Yokohama, but they're not Milestar, Kelly, or Nexen either.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ET16
Yes; made by Falken. I'm also considering Nokian eNTYRE. I wonder how they compare.

The Nokians are great. Put them on my dad's car about 2 years ago/14k miles and tread's still 9-10/32nds. Size 205/55/16. That being said it's only used from spring-fall. Handles snow great for an A/S tire too. Quiet. Can't say anything about performance because their bolted on a Prius.

I've never used FP7000s on my car but I came across a used set a while back. They were the same exact tread but were stamped as Falken Ziex tires. They don't seem to wear well. They cupped quickly(20k miles). I do however have a pair of OHTSU FP0612 and so far so good. Quiet tire.

All OHTSU tires are last gen Falkens.

Last edited:
I bought a set of Ohtsus. I'll report back after they're on the car.

They're an ok tire for a value buyer, likely the same as Pep Boy's Falken Ziex ZE329 (the 329 is now Pep Boys-only, but it was a real non-private Falken a long time ago)

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
They're an ok tire for a value buyer, likely the same as Pep Boy's Falken Ziex ZE329 (the 329 is now Pep Boys-only, but it was a real non-private Falken a long time ago)

yep, that is correct.

I like these tires. The ride is good, and they're quiet.

I've had these in 235/60r16 on my deville for a few weeks and so far they handle and ride great wet or dry. Made in Japan by sumitomo and marketed and distributed by Faulken. I would have preferred a Michelin possibly a continental, but for the price they are great. Will see with the snow and ice come winter though. However companies selling under different brands and marketing similar products different is common. There's what for example about 2 manufacturers for refrigerators anymore but tons of brands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back