2014 Taurus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does the car spec full synthetic? I was under the impression Ford specs their Motorcraft Semi-synth for it.

That said, if you must use full synthetic, really any full synth on the shelf at WalMart should do the trick quite well. Quaker State, Valvoline, Pennzoil, Castrol.. They all are pretty darn good.

As far as the Oil Change Interval, I believe those cars have an IOLM.. just follow that.

SirTanon is right, but to help better do you plan to extend beyond the OLM or just go with the OLM recommendation? Plenty of extended drain oils out there for you if you do, M1 EP, QSUD, Amsoil.

Please define what best means? Oil is pretty much oil from quality blenders.

Castrol Magnatec, no question.

Not saying you can go wrong with anything else, but I've never seen any other oil have such consistently amazing UOAs

Todays synthetics are available for such a great price at WM, I see no reason not to run them. So I would use any of the "big four" (PP, M1, VSP, Edge) with confidence.

This is the car we bought to replace a 2012 Chevrolet Traverse with the dreaded cam chain fiasco. I will only run full synthetic in an engine like this from now on. 7,500 miles max regardless of the OLM.

It seems to get better UOA results from what I've seen. Maybe owners push the Edge too far while owners who use Magnatec change at a more reasonable interval.

Personal preference I usually go M1 EP, pennzoil ultra platinum, M1, Pennzoil platinum, and valvoline as last resort.

Originally Posted By: crookedaxle
What is the best 5w-20 full synthetic to run in my wife's new car? What to use for oil change intervals?

Hi @crookedaxle - For premium performance, we recommend Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 5W-20. This full synthetic oil keeps pistons up to 65% cleaner than the toughest industry standards and provides unsurpassed wear protection. Hope this helps!
- The Pennzoil Team

And where to buy this great oil?? No where but maybe Pep Boys. Or online somehow. It is no where to be found in Wally World, AAP, AZ, O Reilly's, Carquest etc... And some people don't want to buy things online.

I do like Pennzoil Ultra Platinum a lot. If I could only find it somewhere near me.

Originally Posted By: bbhero
And where to buy this great oil?? No where but maybe Pep Boys. Or online somehow. It is no where to be found in Wally World, AAP, AZ, O Reilly's, Carquest etc... And some people don't want to buy things online.

I do like Pennzoil Ultra Platinum a lot. If I could only find it somewhere near me.

Have you tried using the Store Locator on Pennzoil.com? Once you enter your zip code, you'll see pinpoints highlighted on a map of your region. The black pinpoints indicate retail locations that specifically carry Pennzoil Ultra Platinum. Here's a link to the Store Locator: https://goo.gl/Q7zXFd
- The Pennzoil Team

My wifes 2014 Taurus is at 5000 mile with 30'% left. I usually have the dealer change it at this point. 39.99 with tire rotation, fluid top off ,and brake inspection. I am normally a diy guy but this is under warranty and pretty reasonable.

Nobody is getting away from chains with an OHC Ford engine … surprised more xw30 or chain wear debate did not enter this instead of pistons etc …

Originally Posted by 4WD
Nobody is getting away from chains with an OHC Ford engine … surprised more xw30 or chain wear debate did not enter this instead of pistons etc …

The only debate for timing chain wear is proper OCI and less VII's tend to help reduce wear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back