M4612 oil filter TORN! CUT OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Off a work vehicle, 2014 Nissan Sentra with unknown oil for 4,700 miles. Date code I doubt is Purolator. Put Parts Plus PH 2876 and Eco Power 5w30 in and on. Enjoy photos folks
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: A1O
It's a mighty m4612 yes it is made by Purolator yes they are a jobber filter and yes they suck

The stamp at the top of the filter and the center tube design suggests it is not a Purolator.

Per the mighty rep all m and Max Guard filters are made by Purolator to are specs. Max guard filters are Bosch distance plus filters labeled max guard xl the regular m-series filters a jobber quality

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: A1O
Per the mighty rep all m and Max Guard filters are made by Purolator to are specs. Max guard filters are Bosch distance plus filters labeled max guard xl the regular m-series filters a jobber quality

What? Translate please.

I think what he meant to say was:

'Per the mighty rep, "all M-series and Max Guard filters are made by Purolator to OUR specs. Max Guard filters are relabeled Bosch Distance Plus filters, and the regular M-series filters are jobber quality" '

Originally Posted By: SirTanon
I think what he meant to say was:

'Per the mighty rep, "all M-series and Max Guard filters are made by Purolator to OUR specs. Max Guard filters are relabeled Bosch Distance Plus filters, and the regular M-series filters are jobber quality" '

Guess Max Guard better take the media tearing aspect out of their spec to Purolator.
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back