Anything similar to Amsoil MPHD that isn't yellow?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am really liking the Amsoil Metal Protector HD. I prefer it to the Fluid Film in areas that see alot of water and in areas that get alot of contact because it cures dry to the touch.

The thing I don't particularly like is that it's yellow and makes anything you spray look like [censored].

Is there any comparable products that cure dry but are clear in color?

Product must have excellent salt/corrosion resistance and will be used as a car undercoating as well as sprayed on random parts of the car (lower doors, engine bay bolts and brackets, etc.)

Any ideas guys?

Yellow, did they change the color of it? The stuff I had was almost clear, with a slight amber cast.

I got a whole case of 12 from my local Amsoil dealer. This stuff is extremely yellow. I was hoping when it cures the next day that it will turn clear (as suggested by posts on the internet), but I've had it on my car for months and it's as yellow as the second it was applied.

Not a huge deal if it works well, but was looking to see if there are other options. I can take pictures of how yellow it is on the test panel at my work (sprayed it on top of a silver hood that we have mounted to the wall). Fluid film on the other hand while not 100% clear, has like a 5% yellowish tint to it.

Corrosion-X HD is mostly clear and works great.

Fluid film AR is brown in the can but when applied in a thin layer, looks clear.

I have used both and they both work great. Fluid film AR is cheaper and I like to brush it on with an old paint brush. I use the fluid film AR on the high wash areas and then spray the heck out of everything else with the pro spray gun and regular fluid film on all my vehicles. Not one new speck of rust anywhere.

Boeshield T9 is similar to Amsoil HDMP also but dries to an opaque white.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back