Who here has the highest mileage Corolla?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think when someone has 297k they probably just ran down the freeway on a long commute. My truck has 110k, but it's mainly city driving. I looked at the engine hours today and it has 5200hrs.

Originally Posted By: motor_oil_madman
I think when someone has 297k they probably just ran down the freeway on a long commute. My truck has 110k, but it's mainly city driving. I looked at the engine hours today and it has 5200hrs.

My '09 GMC (work vehicle) just past 170K and 43xx engine hours.

Originally Posted By: grampi
My '04 has 297K...

and the odometer will stop working at 299999
banana2.gif

There's a 70 Toyota around here that I think is a Corolla.

I don't know the mileage but he bought it new and it's still his DD. We have talked about cars a few times. I have an 84 Civic wagon and I'm the original owner and it's also my DD.

He said he's always used Castrol 20w-50. At first he did 2K oil changes but in the past 30 years or so he opted for extended intervals and now goes 3K between changes. The speedo and odometer have been non operative since the 90's. He said he only fixes things that make it go an stop and keep the inside rain free and warm and of course the lights. His car is always garaged at home and at work and the climate here is perfect for people and cars.

Problems? None really. I helped him do a valve job somewhere around the 80's and he's had a local shop do other work but nothing serious. His next maintenance coming up is going to be an engine overhaul, radiator, hoses, generator, starter, u-joints, clutch and bearings and syncros for the tranny and a re-do of the diff. This will be the first serious work and he's going to have it all done at one time, oh and upholstery and paint. He says it has nothing to do with economic sense, just that he likes the car and wants to keep it. He drives it almost every day.

The only changes have been an ignition conversion to solid state, a coolant recovery and return system along with a crankcase catch can.

He said he'd buy a new car but this one is still working well. He paid about $1,800 cash and a new car would cost a lot more.

My brother had a 92 with 450k when he sold it and then a 2003 with 390k when he sold it for his 2015 crosstrek that already has 80k on it.

I work on a ladies 2004 Honda Civic on occasion and it had 405k miles on it last time I worked on it.

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
My '04 has 297K...

banana2.gif

I was literally thinking the exact same thing. LOL

Originally Posted By: Rolla07
My goal is to get to that point. What have you done to keep it going?

Change the oil and filter every 6K, change the tranny fluid every 18K, change air filter about every 20K...that's it...

My '04 has 297K...

banana2.gif

Yes, I've read that...I will have to use the trip meters to keep track of the mileage for my fluid and filter changes...I think that's hilarious, the car outlasts the odometer...

Originally Posted By: TinyVoices
My brother had a 92 with 450k when he sold it and then a 2003 with 390k when he sold it for his 2015 crosstrek that already has 80k on it.

That's impressive!

My '97 has just a tick over 360,000 miles. Had been doing oil changes every 7500 since new, along with a transmission drain/fill at every oil change (about 2 qts of store brand Dex/Merc ATF). Last few years I don't really even do oil changes anymore, since the oil disappears too quickly. I use Mobil 2 recycled 0w-30 drained out of my wife's Mazda3, I figure that oil still has plenty of life left in it since I do 5000 mile changes on that car. Throw a new Fram Ultra filter on it once a year or so.

Rust is taking its toll, put new brake lines on it last year and the rear crossmember is getting very rusty. The rust on the sheet metal on the underside is getting closer to the suspension mounting areas so I'm thinking this winter will be its last, though we haven't had much of any road salt this year. Its a shame rust is going to take it off the road, the engine and transmission run perfectly, aside from the high, smokeless oil consumption. Still gets 32+ mpg.

We had an 85 Corolla with almost 200k miles on it. Pretty good for a 4cyl engine with a carb. It was still going strong in the late 90's but my sister wrote it off in an accident and fortunately was unhurt.

I will have to use the trip meters to keep track of the mileage for my fluid and filter changes...I think that's hilarious, the car outlasts the odometer...

Go get a new one at the Toyota dealer. You only have to pay for the labor. Toyota pays for the part
smile.gif

I will have to use the trip meters to keep track of the mileage for my fluid and filter changes...I think that's hilarious, the car outlasts the odometer...

Go get a new one at the Toyota dealer. You only have to pay for the labor. Toyota pays for the part
smile.gif

I didn't know that. Thanks! Do you know if Toyota will pay for the part if I have my own mechanic install it?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back