Marvel Ultimate Fuel & Motor Treatment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found this today at my local Meijer, bought some. Nothing yet online about it really. MSDS doens't show PEA.

turtlewax-50665-400.jpg

http://www.autoparts2020.com/rsdev/part_detail.jsp?PART_HDR_ID=3051168&cat=2,3,4,5,9

MSDS: https://www.turtlewax.com/docs/default-s...atment-1016-sds

Originally Posted By: HerrStig
Amazing what can be made out of snakes.

I feel surrounded by snakes.

Originally Posted By: HerrStig
Amazing what can be made out of snakes.
It is horse liniment for cars. The smell evoked nostalgic memories of old Dobbin back in the 20s. I like the smell, I like the graphics on the cover. Nearest I can come to a blind test is when I added some to the tank of MDW's car. She commented on the car's pep the next day. The OPE seem to do better as well. At least they smell good
grin2.gif

I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt there are effective fuel additive components not required in an MSDS. MSDS's are not a full list of components.

I've never used MMO in fuel on any of my 3 dozen vehicles over 40 yrs. Never had a fuel-related problem. On many of those cars they went on the original fuel filters the entire way. While I wouldn't do that today, I did it back then.

MMO makes my high mileage Honda run smoother and quieter, so it works for me. As to this product, I've never used it.

A few years ago, I read on here that a few users were mixing MMO and B12 Chemtool in their fuel tanks.

I thought it was an interesting blend, so I've done that to a few of my cars here and there.

I wonder if this Marvel product is a result of people mixing MMO with other products?

I use MMO as well all tho not religiously I mainly use it for cylinder lube and maybe it helps lube the fuel pump? I mean I can't say to what degree it effects anything but I do tend to add it to our vehicles that sit for 2-3 weeks at a time.

Originally Posted By: Trav
No idea about the product but this is interesting.

Quote:
Manufactured for Marvel Oil Company, Inc.
By The Lubrizol Corporation

I saw that too.

Is this like Marvel Mystery Oil, a product of a bygone era?

Some of these products are very effective at removing excess money that clings to your wallet. They can all guarantee that your wallet will run cleaner and smoother with just one dose. You will feel the difference as you sit down. That bloated feeling will be gone and it will no longer weigh down you night stand when you go to sleep at night. Your wallet will be quicker on the draw and you will no longer be self conscious of that unsightly bulge in those 501's.

Lubrizol is a respected company, before labeling it as just another snake oil I want to know more about this stuff.

Quote:
Hydrocarbyl Amine

https://www.google.com/patents/US3960515

The percentage is low 1-5% but how much is needed for the additive to to the job, you don't need ounces of potassium cyanide to kill you a drop or two will do.

Originally Posted By: BobFout
This product is not MMO.

You are correct, but how do we know that for sure?

On the other hand why would they have Lubrizol make it for them? It might well be snake oil or a good product I have no idea but it doesn't cost anything to keep an open mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back