Pennz Plat Euro 5W30 w/LL-04 @ Walmart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: UncleDave
I cant see is that 229.52 ? Or just .51.

UD

My apologies...

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Wow, SOPUS is on a roll!

Tell me about it! All the new Rotella and now this. Every time i turn around there's something different.

With lower sulfur gas id be willing to experiment on my 135i, but i still have some 5w-40 from one of those goid sales where it wasnt excluded.

Main question... what is the NOACK???

Originally Posted By: LeakySeals
Hey They have M1's BMW cert!!!!!!!

Yeah, but it's LL-04.

The one missing from M1 0w-40 is LL-01.

One is for diesel. The other is for gasoline engines.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
With lower sulfur gas id be willing to experiment on my 135i, but i still have some 5w-40 from one of those goid sales where it wasnt excluded.

I thought January 1st of 2017 was supposed to start tier 3, 10 PPM max sulfur gas in the U.S.?

Originally Posted By: skyactiv

I thought January 1st of 2017 was supposed to start tier 3, 10 PPM max sulfur gas in the U.S.?

Precisely. Since my 135 gets only a few thousand miles a year id be willing to do the experiment...

Can't be more than 10%.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Can't be more than 10%.
smile.gif

Pennzoil Ultra Euro L, first GTL version of this oil had NOACK at 11%!

Originally Posted By: BoiseRob
Too bad the Chrysler spec MS-11106 has been superseded by MS-10902 which is CJ-4 5w40 HDEO...

A mid-SAPS passenger car specification has been superseded by a higher-ash, heavy duty diesel spec? Really?
Or is this just that the oil recommendation in various applications has been updated?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back