Cut Open: FL820S

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've run my Expedition another 7500 miles, so the oil has been changed. Pulled this FL820S off of it and cut it open. Oil was Mobil 1 AFE 0W-20.

Album link here: https://imgur.com/a/06MX1

jko2lTe.jpg

5aVKM1U.jpg

hZvJj3l.jpg

oKAJg5x.jpg

MzoobcT.jpg

bUV6yit.jpg

7A2Gp3B.jpg

dMcfOyO.jpg

For all the talk of these being junk, well, it looks pretty good to me. Another one went on along with Castrol Edge 0W-20.

robert

Looks very good. I can't wait til my Camry hits 3k so I can cut and post the FL-400S I'm running. Thanks for c&p
smile.gif

51, what size Fram does your car take? Maybe I can run the same thing on the Matrix since I think they may use the same filter. Even though it says the MC 836 for the Matrix.

Originally Posted By: Jason_Michaels
Looks good for a $4 filter. Thanks for sharing!

$2.99 via Amazon Prime as an add-on item!

robert

Originally Posted By: blupupher
Well at least it did not tear. What was the date code on that one?

I don't know. Unfortunately, it went out with the garbage this morning, sorry.

robert

Originally Posted By: robertcope

robert

Looks good to me. I hope Purolator doesn't get all caught up in the Micron efficiency hype and forget the main purpose of its filter: performance, cleanliness and longevity.

It can be easy to get caught up in the hype, statistics, competition and brand imaging and forget the main goal of having a good product. Maybe the new ones: red, blue, black all perform well. Who is making Motorcrafts now that Purolator quit with the classic and pureone (suregrip) type filters?

Originally Posted By: mjoekingz28
Originally Posted By: robertcope

robert

Looks good to me. I hope Purolator doesn't get all caught up in the Micron efficiency hype and forget the main purpose of its filter: performance, cleanliness and longevity.

It can be easy to get caught up in the hype, statistics, competition and brand imaging and forget the main goal of having a good product. Maybe the new ones: red, blue, black all perform well. Who is making Motorcrafts now that Purolator quit with the classic and pureone (suregrip) type filters?

Isn't the micron efficiency part of the "cleanliness" and "performance" of an oil filter?

Purolator still makes Motorcraft.

7500 mile fci on an MC application that has shown some anecdotal issues here, no drama noted, a good thing. Got the job done I'd say.

Thanks for c&p.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back