Tire Opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need new shoes for my bandit. I had great luck with Bridgestone T30's, best I've had on this bike. I'm told they no longer make the T30 but a new and improved T30 EVO OK in the dry but not as good as the T30 Suppose to be a great rain tire etc. however I live where it doesn't rain all that much and if it does I don't ride.
I'm looking at Conti and would like to know if any of you gentlemen are using the Road Attack on you machines and what you think of them.
Any suggestions welcome.

Smoky the perplexed

I had a 99 Bandit now a Kawi Concours14 and H2. I guarantee if you try a Michelin Pilot road 2 or 3 on there you'll love them. They like to turn in and lean quite well. The center tread is longer wear and the sides more sticky a good balance. If you want more sticky go to the pilot power series.

I've had the chance to try both the T30 and T30 evo. The T30 evo offers more grip under all conditions than the original T30. Bridgestone's goal was improving grip under all conditions, with an emphasis on wet grip. If you liked the T30, you should be even happier with the T30 evo.

An opinion from a journalist and part-time instructor at Ron Haslam's Race School:

Race School

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Linctex
I only run a Metzeler or Pirelli on the front of my motorcycles.

I won't even consider any others.

Well they are both owned by the Chinese now (ChemChina company)...if that sort of thing bugs you. Hard to avoid Chinese stuff these days, but if I can, I know I do.

O2SE: When you say "tried" are you talking test ride or a few thousand miles? I appreciate the link and their comments.
For what ever reason, not many people run Bridgestones and I ran them out of my shop with great success, but that was before radials were popular.

Smoky

Originally Posted By: Linctex
I only run a Metzeler or Pirelli on the front of my motorcycles.

I won't even consider any others.

+1 on Pirelli's. All I'll run on my Ducs. Granted, they wear fast but that is the price for the incredible grip and handling characteritics.

Originally Posted By: Smoky14
O2SE: When you say "tried" are you talking test ride or a few thousand miles? I appreciate the link and their comments.
For what ever reason, not many people run Bridgestones and I ran them out of my shop with great success, but that was before radials were popular.

Smoky

More of a test-ride. A friend of mine is a tire dealer at a racetrack. When the T30 evo was being released, a Bridgestone Rep was there, and I was able to try both versions on the same model bike. Tire size and air pressures were the same, the bike's suspensions were set-up the same, the variable was the old T30 and new T30 evo.

So my experience with them was on a roadracing track, pushing them harder than I likely ever would on a public road. It really is surprising how far so-called 'Touring' tires have come.

Back in the early to mid-2000's, I wasn't a fan of Bridgestone either. Then in the late 2000's, my tire dealer friend suggested I try a then-new Bridgestone model. He claimed they had improved dramatically since they had become the MotoGP tire supplier. So I tried them, and came away impressed.

I've been fortunate to try a wide range of makes and models of tires, through that tire dealer friend, and through helping another friend teach his advanced riding and racing classes.

I've tried the current offerings from all of the major manufacturers, and some not-so-major manufacturers.

With Michelin now the official MotoGP supplier, maybe their consumer offerings will show the improvement that Bridgestone did. I did recently try Michelin's latest sport tire, the Power RS. It's an improvement over their previous sport tire.

Honestly, It's hard to find a truly bad tire these days. If a touring tire meets your needs, the T30 evo is a great choice, IMO. A Michelin Pilot Road 4 in comparison has about the same wet grip, maybe longer tire life, but less dry grip. But the Michelin also generally costs much more.

FWIW, I'm currently running Bridgestone RS-10's on both of my street sport bikes.

O2SE: Thanks for your insight, I've decided to give the EVO's a shot. Worst that can happen is taking them off and trying something else.

Smoky

After beeing loyal to Metzeler since 1988, i see the Label "Made in china" on them and decide to stay away from them afterwards.
I tried the Bridgestone T30 and then the T30 EVO an never looked back, VERY impressing and good tyres.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ChristianReske
After beeing loyal to Metzeler since 1988, i see the Label "Made in china" on them and decide to stay away from them afterwards.
I tried the Bridgestone T30 and then the T30 EVO an never looked back, VERY impressing and good tyres.

Which Metzeler tires did you see labeled with "Made in China"?

I used to ride a Suzuki GSX1250FA and I always love Michelin Pilot Rd 2 ,Rd 3. Take your pick.You will do fine with any Sport Touring tyres.

So Far, I know Metzeler Tourance , Tourance Next are made in China. My current tyres which is Metzeler Roadtec 01 is made in Germany.

@ Wang:
The Z6 touring sport. The one i used back then.

On the old front tyre was amrked "Made in germany" on the sidewall, proud and visible, one inch big.
The new rear tire i bought was marked "Made in China" in a almost invisible small size.

The marketing guys at metzeler Service answerd my E-mail with "no need to worry, so much things come from china today, electronics...."
Seriously kidding the customer....
My answer was "A electronic device that fail is just annoying but dont KILL ME like a Tire that fail on the Autobahn at 250 Km/h!"

No more Metzeler for me after 27 Years.

Originally Posted By: ChristianReske
@ Wang:
The Z6 touring sport. The one i used back then.

On the old front tyre was amrked "Made in germany" on the sidewall, proud and visible, one inch big.
The new rear tire i bought was marked "Made in China" in a almost invisible small size.

The marketing guys at metzeler Service answerd my E-mail with "no need to worry, so much things come from china today, electronics...."
Seriously kidding the customer....
My answer was "A electronic device that fail is just annoying but dont KILL ME like a Tire that fail on the Autobahn at 250 Km/h!"

No more Metzeler for me after 27 Years.

Thanks, man. I'd like to be "country of origin agnostic", but...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back