Harrison Ford - Landing Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was very forthright about this a long time ago people. Nothing to see here.
26604D5900000578-2982450-_Fly_Yes_Land_No_A_line_said_by_Ford_s_character_in_Indiana_Jone-m-28_1425643083467.jpg

Isn't that why they put huge numbers on the runways to make sure you land on the correct one?
Potentially much more serious was that by doing that, Ford overflew a 737 holding on the taxiway.
Time to take away the keys .....

A SHOUT OUT TO HIS FAMILY AND THE FAA, WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's time for him to stop flying before he causes a major catastrophe.

Some rich people have things because they can afford them. This does not mean that they are able to use them in a reasonable manner.

At least no one was injured and although the landing was in the wrong place it was otherwise was a landing and not a crash.

Originally Posted By: MotoTribologist
He was very forthright about this a long time ago people. Nothing to see here.
26604D5900000578-2982450-_Fly_Yes_Land_No_A_line_said_by_Ford_s_character_in_Indiana_Jone-m-28_1425643083467.jpg

OK, now, that's funny!

But I don't see how you can mistake a taxiway for a runway....I just don't...

I don't blame him for the engine failure in his previous incident, but this one is 100% pilot error.

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
Some rich people have things because they can afford them. This does not mean that they are able to use them in a reasonable manner.

At least no one was injured and although the landing was in the wrong place it was otherwise was a landing and not a crash.

It was a near miss. Way different than a landing...a major mistake...

I hate to say it, because I suppose it means that age related degradation will hit me, but.... I had to pull my son from a burning small aircraft (little piper or something like that from the 70's).

It was a fly-in drive -in at a small local airport. Elderly guy offered to take him up. His wife had just been flying the plane landed and parked. About 10 minutes later he and my son get in to take their flight. He tries starting it. and it chugs and chugs and one guy shouts "it doesn't need choke, it's hot already... its flooding" Next thing you know it is on fire under the cowl. Thank goodness it didn't actually start with a small fire smoldering under the hood for who knows what to happen moments after take off. So it really lit up quick and hot under the cowl. A fella shouts, "Get 'em out!" We dash across the taxi way and literally tear the guys out. My son said he could feel the heat at his feet. We all turned the plane with tail to the wind as it burned and finally somebody had a big enough extinguisher. I think it was totaled. The guy was 80+.

I don't care if he kills himself, just no one else along the way.

Originally Posted By: SumpChump
Time for the family to have "that talk" and take his keys. They could soften the blow by offering him a nice tour guide position up at the EAA in Oshkosh, WI.

Good idea, there are now reports that he pointed to the 737 and yelled to his Chihuahua, "Chewie, toss me my blaster so I can take out the Imperial Star Destroyer!!!"

;^)

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Astro14

To paraphrase Mr. Burns, perhaps the fog at the airport was as thick as the inside of a cataract.
wink.gif

You wanna come out here. I've seen Garuda Indonesia line up for final on major roads *adjacent* the airport (one of them is even shaped like an S). It's not uncommon for other airlines from around that region to get left and right wrong in reference to taxiways and end up with the ground controllers taking them on a grand tour to get to the correct side of the airfield.

Last edited:
Not wanting to sound too,,, Astro 14 I will humbly input you are in the big league being a Naval Aviator and an airline pilot . That is to me quite an accomplishment of high merit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back