cross reference help for tractor

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I need help cross referencing some numbers from a kioti tractor dk45se hst these are manufacturer part#

Engine oil e6201-32443
Hst t4125-38021
Hydraulic t4620-38033

Thanks for the help

Wix only lists the oil, air, and fuel filters. Baldwin only lists the fuel filter.

Yikes, that Hydrostatic filter (below) retails for over $100
crazy2.gif
. The hydraulic is a more reasonable $32.

You don't want to scrimp on these 2 filters because these systems are very sensitive to dirt. Good luck to you! I had this situation on an older Kubota. I think you will have to bite the bullet.
t4125-38021-hydrostatic-filter-2.jpg

Tractor by net is the compact tractor forum that might be your only chance for help.

I was hoping wix or baldwin would have something but dosent seem that way
frown.gif
and no specs from the other company

Wix lists

Engine oil: 51324
Fuel: 33507
Air (outer): 46489
Air (inner): 46490

HST t4125-38021: Donaldson P573481

Texan4life, that Donaldson P573481 is a great find. Kudos!

Through the Fleetguard site : https://cumminsfiltration.com/pdfs/product_lit/new_prod_bulletins/MB10307.pdf ..................

That Donaldson number cross references to Baldwin BT9464, Cummins/Fleetguard HF 35519, and Caterpillar 518670.

Baldwin: http://catalog.baldwinfilter.com/startoffhighwayapps.html This Baldwing is selling for about $30 at Grainger and Zoro : http://catalog.baldwinfilter.com/PartImages/BT9464.jpg and can be had cheaper on other places (ebay).
BT9464.jpg
t4125-38021-hydrostatic-filter-2.jpg
5I-8670-Caterpillar-Filter-224x300.jpg
51-8670-HF35519-51-8670-Oil-filter.jpg_220x220.jpg

WARNING: Back cross referencing like this can be dangerous. Even though the Baldwin LOOKS like the OEM Kiota (2nd from left), one has to wonder about the price difference of $30 vs. $100+. The Baldwin is made in Taiwan, according WW Grainger. The Caterpillar search brings up a LOT
crazy2.gif
of Chinese knockoffs. I saw one reference on TractorByNet forum of counterfits.

If you choose this route, be WARNED. Call Baldwin and get confirmation, and, that they will warranty its application in writing.

We have a CAT service center down the road and I remember seeing a $200K excavator getting an engine rebuild due to wrong aftermarket filter use.

I just got off the phone with donaldson. They said that the Donaldson P573481 is made by Hitachi, and is a good cross-reference to the kioti T4125-38021 HST filter. That's a $60.00 savings.
Something too good to be true usually is. Should I be skeptical or substitue the Donaldson filter and save the money.?

Originally Posted By: chuck172
I just got off the phone with donaldson. They said that the Donaldson P573481 is made by Hitachi, and is a good cross-reference to the kioti T4125-38021 HST filter. That's a $60.00 savings.
Something too good to be true usually is. Should I be skeptical or substitue the Donaldson filter and save the money.?

Did they know all the specs on both filters? If they are the same its probably fine as this filter goes on $200k+ excavators. Did they say if there a bypass in the HST filter? I don't see any specs for a bypass but then its mentioned in the brochure. I don't believe there is a whole lot of flow going through this filter either so going by donaldsons charts showing their filtering efficiency it seems like a better choice than the other options.
My dealer doesn't gouge too much on filters so I'll probably still get the kioti one from him as its usually the only time I'm back for a visit.

I just spoke with a woman from their customer service/tech support. She didn't go into any other detail other than the donaldson filter is made by Hitachi, and is a direct replacement for the Kioti filter.
I'm a bit skeptical-one filter being $60/00 less. Should I be?

Originally Posted By: chuck172
I just spoke with a woman from their customer service/tech support. She didn't go into any other detail other than the donaldson filter is made by Hitachi, and is a direct replacement for the Kioti filter.
I'm a bit skeptical-one filter being $60/00 less. Should I be?

Odds are they are the same thing, and I guess a 2-300psi filter housing doesn't cost all that much to make in bulk. So I'd think they could sell a quality filter for $40-50 quite easily given that its use is quite common in CAT excavators.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back